Chapter 34 : The Last Letter

Start from the beginning

After all the effort I did with the dress, I braided my hair like it always was and headed for the study room.

Jack was already there when I arrived, sitting on the study table. He didn't say a word for a while but he kept on staring.

"Uhm. Hi?" I said to him, waving my hands near his face.

He shook his head as if he had awaken from a daydream. "Hi. It's just that you look amazing." He said as he run his hand through his hair.

I grinned at him and sat down on the chair to finish that blasted little letter. "So, where's that last letter?" I asked Jack.

He looked around and said, "Right here. Want me to read to for you?"

"Sure, why not?" I say as I look at him as he opened it.

"Hmm. It says something about your powers." He said as he opened the bottom part of the letter.

"It's probably those countries who want to know about my powers and stuff. I just read one or two a while ago. If they want to intrigue me about it, just leave it there. I don't want to answer that unless it's serious." She responded.

"Okay. I'll still read it anyway." Jack said as he started to fast read the letter. "Blah blah blah... Sister... Elsa... Coronation... Corona... Ice Powers... Controlling... Anna..."

"Wait, wait, wait! Did you just say, Corona??" I say standing up from the chair.

"Yeah, why?" Jack asked.

"I believe we have some relatives there. They had a tragic past. As far as I can remember, my Aunt, Queen Primrose and my Uncle, King Thomas, lost their princess. She was kidnapped but she found her way back. I think her name was Rapunzel. I really don't remember much. I have never actually met my cousin and I have only seen the Queen and King when I was a little girl. Anna wasn't even born then."

"Oh, I see. Want me to read it out loud, thoroughly?" said Jack as he held the letter properly.

"Yes, please." I sat back down and listened to Jack reading the letter out loud.

"To my lovely niece, Elsa:

I don't know if you can still remember me but I am your Aunt, Queen Primrose. Your late mother's sister. I am truly sorry for not being able to attend your parents' funeral. By the way Elsa, I received the invitation for your coronation, I had my daughter Rapunzel, your cousin, and her husband Eugene attend. They didn't stay long for the party though. Things were quite busy here in Corona that me and your Uncle, King Thomas didn't even make it.

I am also aware of your Ice Powers. Have you done a good job in controlling them? I heard one incident of you hurting your sister, Anna. Is she well? I haven't actually seen her but I know that her birthday's coming up. I really hope to see you girls soon. Until then, take care, both of you. And Elsa, rule over Arendelle well, okay? I miss you.

-Queen Primrose of Corona.

Jack closed the parchment and looked at me. "You okay?"

I buried my face in my hands. "How could I forget?" I said, my voice muffled.

"Oh, you didn't forget Anna's birthday did you?" Jack asked.

"Unfortunately, I did." I say, making a small opening in between my fingers so that I could have a peek. "By the way, was there a date written on the letter?"

He looked at the letter, side by side and he shook his head. "Nah."

"Jack, can I ask you a favor?"

"Anything." He smiled.

"Can you go ask Kai if he knows when that letter arrived?" I instructed.

"Of course. See you later." He answered and off he went.

I grabbed a piece of paper, my quill and started writing a letter in response.

Dear Aunt Primrose,

I still remember, both you and Uncle Thomas. I'm glad that my cousin, Rapunzel is back, safe and sound. About the funeral and the coronation, it's fine. And it was probably a good thing that Rapunzel and Eugene didn't stay long. Long story. You probably heard about it already.

I'm doing just fine with my powers now and Anna is as well as can be. I'm so excited to introduce you to her. I hope to see you on Anna's birthday celebration, a week from now, on the 21st of June to be exact. We are going to host a party. I have attached the invitation to this letter. I wish you all could come. I am also looking forward to meeting you again and my cousin for the first time. Stay safe.

-Queen Elsa of Arendelle

After writing the letter, I wrote down an invitation for Anna's birthday on a piece of paper that had designs on it. I made two so that I would have a copy of the 'original' one.

You are cordially invited for Princess Anna's 19th birthday celebration on the 21st of June. The venue will be at the castle's ballroom and the party will start at 8 in the evening. We are hoping to see you all. Safe travels.

-Princess Anna of Arendelle.

I know that forgery is bad but, I had to do it. I folded the letter neatly, alongside with the invitation and sealed it with the royal stamp and went out looking for Jack.

I seriously don't know if Anna's gonna be excited about this or mad. I'll just have to tell her when she gets back and find out.

I was approaching a corner when... "Aaahh!" I bumped into Jack. I felt myself fall, Jack grabbed my arm and held me close to his chest.

"That was close. You okay?" He asked as he gently stroked my back.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Thank you, Jack." I say to him as I pulled away. "So, any luck with Kai?"

"Yup. It arrived at the day of your coronation. It was given by a certain brunette haired lady by the name Rapunzel. So, apparently, your cousin delivered it here." Jack answered as he leant against the wall.

"Oh. Okay. By the way, I need your help on something." I say with a challenging grin.

"Why do I get the feeling that I won't like it?" Jack said unsurely.

"Knowing you like to fly around? You will." I say flashing him a sly grin.

He looked at me doubtingly and I motioned my fingers to make him come closer. I cupped my hands in his ear and started to whisper my plans.

"When shall we start?" Jack responded with confidence.

"Right now."

Hi! Sorry it took me soooo long to update. School stuff going on.. Finals and crap. Ugh. But hey, here's a new chap. I'm gonna detail what Elsa told Jack in the next chapter. I'll be working on it right away and if possible, post it tomorrow. :D i've got 3 exams tomorrow and I still haven't started studying. I'm so awesome. XD i study, cramming style so yeah. We have our own study techniques.. XD well, til the next chap my friends.. :3 thank you so much for reading and voting and for all your lovely comments.. :3 i appreciate all of it.. ❄️~karyned23