I am NOT your Alpha - The Stop

After an uber long wait, I upload. A big THANK YOU to all of my readers and fans, new and old. I've been pretty busy, and have been unable to thank you all invidividually but your support means to much to me! This is a short upload, but I have an after message for you all, that I hope you read.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Stop-

“Wait, wait, wait!” Daniel waved his arms in front of his face and stood up abruptly, he looked like a spaz, but then again, he is a spaz. “Is your pack the one with the best buy that’s across from the forest line and the chevron station?”

The girl, Fiona, nodded, and Daniel looked to me with a straight face. “It’s Cassidy’s fault then.”

“My fault?” I choked on my sandwich for a bit and then smacked him up-side the head. “It was your fault! You made me go!”

“It’s not like you had to win, Cassidy.” He teased.

“And it’s not like you have to suck, Daniel!”

Our argument was cut short when Fiona started laughing. It was a hysterical laugh, like she didn’t know whether or not she wanted to cry or seriously found the situation hilarious. Big salty tears sprouted from the corner of her eyes and she chose to do both, sobbing and laughing at the same time. Daniels eyes went wide, and without a pause he rushed to her aid – probably having developed a crush, he stroked her back as she cried, whispering and rubbing circles on her arms.

I had no idea what to say. It seemed I was involuntarily – or maybe, voluntarily? – ruining everyone’s lives. Fiona was forced to escape, my uncle lost his position and respect, Daniel was attacked, and who knows what else my actions have caused. A wolf like me doesn’t deserve to be a wolf.

The tiling beneath our feet gained a dull pulse – the train was on its way. Without looking back I stood up and began the walk to the boarding station, waited in line, and then found the booth where we would sit. I felt guilty. More than anything now a days, more than satisfaction, anger, or nostalgia, I was feeling guilt. The booth sliding door opened with a clatter, and Fiona and Daniel came in and sat across from me – Daniel kicking his feet up on the seat next to me with an exaggerated stretch.

I didn’t say anything. What was there to say? My eyes drifted out of the window, where I watched heads bob amongst the crowd as people went about their days. Had any of them ruined anyone else’s lives recently?

There was a shift across from me, and the sound of a pained hiss before Daniels feet were flung from the seat next to me, and a new weight replaced them.

“I’m actually glad,” A small voice said, Fiona. When I didn’t look her way she reached out and put a hand on my shoulder. “Really, I am. He didn’t deserve the title of Alpha, he was mean, and abusive. I probably would have lived and died there nothing better than the hated little omega.”

“The only thing I regret, Cassidy. The only thing… is that I had to run without my mom. I’ll never regret leaving though – you made me free.” Her voice turned into a shaky whisper, and her arms were starting to tremble again and I turned to her just in time to see the tears begin again.

“I’m really sorry, about your mom.” Daniel sat, chewing the side of his cheek and looking away from us, but I leaned over and hugged her.

It was quiet after that, at least for about an hour. At the trains first stop the silence ended, as I pulled out a map and checked the stations we would be breaking at.