"Can't you sit somewhere else?"
I ask him and he stares at me stupidly before replying.

"Well, you took my seat dumbass."

"Jerk."
I bite back and he starts laughing harshly.

"Really that's the worst you can call me?"

"Oh trust me there's a lot more I'd love to call you!"
I say in a sickly sweet tone and he just rolls his eyes. It's quiet for a few moments between us and from the corner of my eye I can see Asher obnoxiously bouncing his leg as he bites his nails. Out of nowhere he hurriedly sits up in his seat and turns towards me.

"Listen, I'm not apologizing. I don't apologize. I was told by police that you were drunk when you hit my mom and then was told to keep my mouth shut and was handed ten grand. Look at it from my point of view. Wouldn't you have acted the same way towards me?" He says and I snap my head in his direction so fast I think I gave my self whiplash. I narrow my eyes at him as I think back to what he said before. Things start clicking together in my mind and my mouth drops.

"You said before something about mommy and daddy paying it off to keep me out of trouble or something right? Is that what you're talking about with the ten grand?" I ask him and he looks at me confused and nods.

"You honestly don't know what happened do you?" He asks, his eyes softening a bit and I shake my head and look away.

"No. No, I don't."
I tell him and turn my direction to the front of the room where Mr.Harrington begins his lecture. I can feel Asher staring at me.

"Your stepdad jerry or something came to talk to me after the police officer. He said it would be best not to tell anyone about what happened and then handed me ten grand."
I look back over at Asher, he has on his usual stoic face that I can't read.

"I had no idea, Asher."
I tell him and he nods.

"Yea I kinda know that now. Sorta...Look I need to know what happened to them, Baylor. I don't fucking know if you're lying or if you're telling the truth but I knew you before this happened and I don't think you'd be stupid enough to drink and drive. So I'm going to go with whatever the hell you tell me. So you better not be fucking lying. I don't trust many people and if you break that trust you're going to regret it. I want to help you figure out whatever the hell happened."

"I'm telling the truth, Asher."
I say and look into his stormy blue eyes to try to show him my honesty. His eyes look between the both of mine before he lets out a sigh of defeat.

"Okay."

"Okay?"
I ask him slightly shocked that he is believing me so easily.

"Let's find out what happened."

-

"Hey, Bay." Ty says as he runs up to me with an empty smile and his voice void of his usual Ty sass. He wraps his arm around my shoulder. Instantly I can tell he's upset.

"What's wrong?"
He forces a smile and sits down at the lunch table before asking Leah,

"How was granny's house?"

"Just spectacular! We got to make cookies and watch old people tv that only airs in black and white."
Leah says with fake excitement and me and Ty both laugh fakely.