Chapter 12 (and an important A/N in the end I guess?):

The sunlight said goodbye as it slowly sunk away, shadows already begin to loom closely. Cold darkness taking place of the warmth of light. A light breeze was in the air which was perfect for sitting on the roof, for the goddess at least. Heights never appalled her (and why should it when she was blessed with wings by the gods themselves?) nor does the impending danger that was lethargically wafting in the air. 

Hues of gold, pink, orange and red painted the sky in an artwork of colors before black could consume it. A gentle hum laced through the air of serenity with the tint of giddiness and playfulness. Rosaline, whose pain in the head subsided, chuckled at Sebastian's sudden change of character. How he sped back and forth, abiding simple commands like she was the little lord. She couldn't get it out of her head like how she couldn't get her headache to get out of her head. It's uncontrollable.

A puff of smoke disturbed her from her daze and she could only snort as Xander slithered on the depressingly run-down tiled roof of the Barrymore's. She brought out her beloved pet in hopes of scaring Ciel for the sudden ambush he made earlier. Manipulating the human mind was not as easy as manipulating the material plane.

When the young Phantomhive was lethargically arranging his letters and papers from the Queen, minding and doing his own business with Sebastian by his side serving tea per usual, Rosaline popped above them. The torn sleeve and the dangerous glint in her eyes made Ciel stand up in shock. Before both master and butler could move the scaly face of a lizard appeared in front of Ciel.

Xander let out another indignant puff of smoke as his head heavily landed on the roof.

"Ciel ain't so nice ain't he, Xander?" The drakon let out a huff of agreement.

Everything was dreadfully peaceful around her but her chest felt heavy and she couldn't breathe properly. She didn't know where the feeling of nostalgia came from nor did the images she had before. Reluctance filled her every being.

Was this what Ares warned me about?

The woman visibly shook her head as her drakon casually hopped on her lap and purred. The warm vibrations provided by her companion sent her at ease. The air stank of men and dogs and it greatly bothered the goddess and drakon.

She quickly searched for any scent she could cling unto as to not lose her sense of smell and focused on that.

Her back met the roof in a second, Xander shifting and rearranging himself on his mistress' lap to his liking and went back to sleeping. The chatter in the manor reached her ears and she let out a sigh. It was unavoidable. Even if she were to block out her hearing she could still technically hear their thoughts. She can't focus on more than at least 4 of her senses in a normal day. When she is in combat, however, was another story.

The quiet murmurs drifted here and there. She heard the voices but not the thoughts and maybe that's as normal as she could get.

"I have a request. Please leave this village." Rosaline's eyes snapped open.

She sat up her in a second, violet irises hazy and a curtain of black shadowing her face. Intently, she listened to the conversation between the maid and young earl. A tinge of suspicion running through beneath her skin and a howl pierced the still night. And the village slowly wakened.

Xander growled menacingly towards a few bushes, snapping and baring his teeth. Rosaline narrowed her eyes to see a faint trail of green, which glowed ominously in the night. She caught a whiff of phosphor in the air and sighted a figure discreetly hiding behind the bushes.

"Xander, do me a favor will ya sweetie?"

The drakon gave a huff of understanding as his mistress delivered specific orders and slunk away in the darkness. Rosaline stood up, body rigid and face blank, and hopped off the roof in a practiced fashion.