Chapter 22 - Spider-Man had it easy

Start from the beginning

Trevor had a look resembling a cornered stray dog. He backed away even though no one was going after him. "You can't take it away from me. You've already taken enough."

Xander stepped forward into the conversation, feeling weird as he was obviously too young to be in this huddle of adults. "This serum happens to be a key ingredient in the Pill, Trevor. X recently broke out of prison, but even before then he was testing it out through the Black Tiger gang. Who knows how he got a hold of the serum last time around to create the drug, but we know this time exactly where X can find the last remnants of it. I would bet anything he already knows too. Don't be a fool, Trevor. Don't let more people fall to this villain. Because, if you do, you're just like him. Your father wouldn't have wanted that."

"You don't know what he wanted!" Trevor was turning on his friend, the one person he used to count on. The one person who didn't think he was entitled because of his money and his father when they were young. The one normal person he could talk to. "Because of them, because of these so called heroes you've become someone I can't recognize. You're a killer."

Xander's hand started to vibrate and he clenched his fist. He hadn't lost real control over his powers since he got them. "I don't know what you believe, but I have done nothing with these powers except try and spread a little good in the world. That's more than you can say about yourself and you don't even have powers."

It wasn't the super powers that made someone evil, it was what someone would do to others without the help of supernatural abilities.

Trevor was beyond reason. "No, I am keeping my father's vision alive. You will get that serum over my dead body. In fact, even then you will never find it. It's no safer with you than with X. The government is worse than you think when they have possession of powerful things." He had phrased the response like he knew exactly what the government was up to with powerful objects.

"Why not destroy it then?" Taylor asked, apparently having been viewing the argument with pondering eyes. "If you can't trust us or the government to keep it safe, and you know you won't be able to keep it safe forever, then why not destroy it all? That way we don't have it and neither will X."

Apparently that logic did not bode well with Trevor.

Xander narrowed his eyes, "You don't even know why your father wanted that serum and you're still protecting it. You know it's dangerous."

"Don't make a horrible mistake, Trevor," Ian pleaded, "don't give X the upper hand."

Trevor shook his head. "My father would've wanted me to defend all of his work, this is what that looks like." He turned to his advisors behind him, who now all looked a lot buffer than before, "No one leaves this room alive."

Then all hell broke loose.

Lacey Carlton had brought her husband, a very experienced martial artist and a vigilante in his own town. Her advisors seemed well versed in the art of fighting as well. Ross, Taylor, Ian, and Xander held their own against the goons who came after them. Trevor's goons were no match for four heroes, a secret agent, and Lacey's guards.

That was, until Mischief broke in to the fight.

Xander never saw him coming. He didn't know how the villain had even broken into the building. All of a sudden bullets went off and Xander found himself dodging death and blocking it from his friends.

At one point in all of the fighting Xander noticed Lacey Carlton and Mera making their way around the side of the room to Trevor, who was rummaging in his desk. Of course Trevor couldn't fight his own battles.

"Trevor, where is the drug?" Lacey grabbed ahold of Trevor's arm as she said this, pushing him against the wall to the background of yelling and fighting.