Divine Beast Vah Naboris had already been looked over by (Y/n), and by her calculations, it should work perfectly fine once Zelda implemented the Sheikah Slate into the terminals set within different sections of the Divine Beast.

Along the edges of her mind, a thought pushed itself forward.

Why does this all seem too easy? Since the discovery of Vah Hylana, it has been only two months since then. Vah Naboris is our fourth Divine Beast, one more and we'll have the full set. So, where does that leave us?

Ganon, from (Y/n)'s extensive research, was a malicious being with only loathing, power, and destruction carved into everything he stood for.

Am I being too naive to think we might actually stand a chance?

"Urbosa, this is one of my personal guards, and best friend, (Y/n)." Announced Zelda, successfully bringing (Y/n) out of her analytical daze. "(Y/n), as you know this is Chief Urbosa, leader of the Gerudo."

Urbosa and (Y/n) made eye contact. Obsidian against the freshest color of newly bloomed leaves. (Y/n) was aware that the older woman acted as a mother figure for Zelda since infancy, but the girl wasn't surprised they hadn't met up until now, their schedules hindering any sort of contact and communication.

"Ah, so this is the one responsible for discovering the Champions' trials," Urbosa commented lightly.

"Ma'am," (Y/n) responded, dipping her head in a small bow.

"I'll have none of that, (Y/n). From what Zelda has told me, I should thank you for always protecting her and keeping her happy."

"Lady Urbosa!" Zelda exclaimed, clearing her throat to hide the heat spreading to her face. Yes, (Y/n) meant a lot to the princess, but the Gerudo Chief made it sound like she had stronger feelings toward the Sheikah girl than just friends.

The Chief simply laughed, her hands landing on Zelda's shoulders in a reassuring manner. "I'm only teasing. Now, what is it I've been hearing about the Divine Beasts?"

One explanation later from Zelda, Urbosa was gifted a blue scarf, now a permanent Champion and a pilot of Vah Naboris. The two then went into another lengthy discussion about the situation of Hyrule.

Once (Y/n) was absolutely certain Zelda was in safe hands, she went in search of something to tide over her boredom. She leisurely strolled into the guard barracks, after being granted permission by Urbosa, of course. (Y/n)'s obsidian eyes skimmed over the small troop of women practicing their combat skills on each other or targets.

Choosing to correct one of the guard's form, (Y/n) swore she could feel the temperature drop as she spoke her next sentence. "That's not the correct way you handle a blade."

And that's when all hell broke loose. Several Gerudo paused in their spots, turning to glare at (Y/n).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bringing herself out of the memory with a tired sigh, the Sheikah girl knelt to the ground. (Y/n) had been chased out of town, even when she tried explaining who she was and that she meant no harm.

Indeed, the Gerudo women are hotheaded.

Digging under the rough material, (Y/n) stoically inspected the tan grains run over her gloved fingers, watching as they fell back into the endless sea of sand. The sand (Y/n) was currently messing around with quickly lost her interest, and just as she was standing to leave, something small collided against (Y/n)'s back. The force of the collision drove her frontside into the sand, face smushed unpleasantly into the hot grains.