Three: Theo's Bad Luck

Monday, 8:00 am

Theo

The bright morning sun welcomed me as I reluctantly opened my eyes and emitted an exaggerated yawn. Alright Theo, it's time to get up. I rubbed my eyes in an attempt to wipe all trace of sleepiness as I slowly rose from my bed. I could hear movement outside of the room, bird pokemon chirping and whistling songs in the early morning air and the smell of bacon and eggs being cooked on the stove. Gengar was already awake, and had been awake for several hours. He was stationed in the kitchen, preparing some breakfast for the two of us before we headed our separate ways, off to start our day.

My day began as normal, eating breakfast, brushing my teeth, getting dressed, grabbing my pokemon, and heading out the door. However, everything following that was about as normal as a Magikarp learning any useful attacks. First, I went off pokemon catching in the Viridian Forest just off of Viridian City. I encountered a wild pokemon as soon as I stepped into one of the tall grass areas. But for some unknown reason, I couldn't seem to catch it. I wasted about fifty pokeballs and about an hour trying to catch the stubborn Farfetch'd. I finally gave up and moved on after the wild pokemon ran out of moves and responded with struggle, which caused it to faint. I had to get to Azalea Town before noon to meet with its gym leader, Bugsy. This was only the beginning of my misfortune, each incident worse than the previous one.

On my way to the next city, I had just entered Route 29 and was ambushed by a huge group of Team Rocket grunts. I could almost hear the motto of the group's most famous members, Jessie, James, and the talking Meowth. Their ridiculous outfits, determination to capture Ash's pikachu, and their humor. The scene before me faded and in it's place was the historic trio standing right before my eyes.

"Prepare for trouble!" Jessie announced as she posed glamorously.

"And make it double!" James finished the line as he took his place beside Jessie.

"To protect the world with devastation!"

"To unite all people within our nation!"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

"Jessie!"

"And James!"

"Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now or prepare for a fight!"

"Meowth. That's right!" Meowth added, completing the performance.

The trio disappeared, and reality returned once again. The Team Rocket group waited expectantly around me, providing no chance to escape.

"Hey, what is a kid like you doing out here traveling on your own?" One of the Team Rocket members approached me and gave me a powerful slap on the back.

"Not that it's any of your business, but I'm on my way to Azalea Town." I replied, unsure of what was going to happen next.

"Well it looks like you're definitely equipped for the journey, mind sparing a few items for us?" Another one of the people decked out in Team Rocket attire walked up to me, his gaze fixed on my backpack.

"Actually no, I can't do that. I better be on my way then, good luck to you all." I said as I tried to squeeze past the group of troublemakers, one of the goons stepped out and blocked my way.

"Why are you leaving do soon? Why don't we sit down and catch up?" Said the human wall, cracking his knuckles. I flinched at the sound, and someone behind me burst out laughing. I didn't want to get into a fight that I had no chance of winning and risk the safety of my pokemon.