Chapter 25 - Happy Endings

She swung the knife down and everybody paused. A ball of dust and wind surrounded where he was. He was gone.

He audibly gasped as he felt everything go slow-motion. He fell.

"AaaaaRRHHHH!!" They heard a scream and turned to see Kenzou. He transformed.

His eyes weren't magenta anymore. They were a deep red. His hair turned white and his fangs grew. He towered over them in his snake form and screamed as a Banshee. It broke all of the windows and made Sarah's ears bleed. When he finished screaming, he held up his hand that had fire on it, and was at Sarah's side quicker than you could say "wait, what?" and burned her face.

At the same time, a dull pain was in his chest, where his heart was. His step-mother burned to death as he transformed back to human. He turned the twins, his hair still white and eyes still red. He fell.

The blood wouldn't stop flowing from his wound as the twins comforted him.

His breathing was ragged and tears fell to the floor.

"The string snapped..." he rasped.

"You're gonna be fine, okay?" Ethan cried as police ran in from a noise complaint. The twins hid, not wanting to be arrested again.

The police called an ambulance and Kenzou was taken to hospital. The twins went back to the pack house to see the rest of the pack sitting in their seats.

"Guys... how did you get out?"

"We have our ways," Steven told them, "where's Kenzou?"

"Hospital. Both Zak and his step-mother are dead."

...

That evening, they visited Kenzou, making sure they weren't seen as it was past visiting hours.

Kenzou was in a coma.

They hugged him and talked to him softly about things that happen to them when they were children.

It wasn't until 5:00 AM did Evan notice it.

Kenzou's finger twitched.

Evan's eyes widened. Kenzou's whole hand twitched. Ethan noticed it too.

"Kenzou! Come on, wake up!"

Kenzou's eyes fluttered open and were glazed over when he lay there
He tries to say something but was stopped short to the breathing tube.

Evan pressed the emergency button.

...

Kenzou still lay in his bed, half asleep as his mates were asleep, their heads resting on his blanket-covered legs.

He ran his fingers through their hair.

'They always do so much for me...' he thought. 'And yet, I can't anything for them,' he looked back up at the ceiling,

He felt his right arm raise so he looked over and saw Ethan sit up groggily.

"Hi." He whispered ever so quietly. Ethan smiled and waved.

Kenzou sat up, the movement making Evan awake. He saw Kenzou sitting up and not half-asleep.

Ethan walked over to Evan as Kenzou smiled lightly at them. Then something happened that has never happened.

Kenzou got out of bed and ran to them, almost falling over but before he could, he jumped to them; his arms spread out, a smile on his face, and tears on his cheeks. He hooked one arm around Evan and the other around Evan. He hugged them as the three spun around.

"I love you!" He grinned happily.

Their eyes widened but they smiled as well as they both kissed Kenzou lightly on the lips.

He returned the kiss both times as they smiled at one another.

Sarah's gone, but so is Zak.
Limbo's gone, but he has the twins.
His family's gone, but he had the pack.

*Kenzou's biological mother appears with her back facing the perspective, she turns barely with her eyes censored out*

His mother's gone, but not in his heart.

For a second, the scene of Kenzou hugging his mates turn into a picture of 6 year-old Kenzou hugging his mother before changing back again.

"Mother, Zak, Limbo.." He whispered the names of people he had forgotten.

Kenzou Hiroshi, the first ever male Banshee to whisper the names of the people he had forgotten.

Boom, happy ending.