Chapter 6 - Dream of a Loved One

A/N: Okay, so I now have 6 votes on this story! I can't say how thankful I am to you guys for liking the story! So as promised. Here is another chapter!

Nobody could believe it.. the 16 year-old boy, who was sick and weak and defenseless; was much more powerful than anyone could imagine. Evan and Ethan looked down at the nearly passed out Kenzou.

"Stay awake, Kenzou. We still need to have breakfast." Evan spoke. Kenzou slowly opened his eyes.

"Evan?" He asked, "what am I? Why do I scream like that? Why do I get a tail? Who are they?"

"We'll tell you later, Kenzou." Ethan replied to the small boy's questions.

Evan then picked up Kenzou and placed him in a chair. Everybody calmed and sat down in their usual spots. Ethan was about to sit next to Kenzou when Kenzou grabbed his arm, stopping him.

"Wait, Ethan!" He cried. Ethan's eyes widened in shock, surprised that the younger had raised his voice. "Don't hurt Limbo! Limbo is sitting there!" He pointed to the seat next to him that Ethan was about to sit in.

"Oh, okay. Sorry, Limbo. I didn't see you there." He then sat next to where Limbo would sit. Everybody looked at the vacant chair.

Kenzou smiled brightly. "See, Limbo? I told you!"

Kenzou's POV

"See, Limbo? I told you!" I spoke to my friend. He then looked at Ethan.

"HoW NiCE oF hiM." Limbo screeched. I gave him a closed eyed smile. A man walked in and served us breakfast.

"This is a lot of food..." I muttered.

"Really?" Evan asked. "We usually get this much for breakfast."

I looked at him in surprise. "This is about as much as I would eat in two weeks."

I then felt everybody's eyes on me. I slowly curled in on myself.

"ARe YOu okAy, KenzoU?" Limbo asked me. I nodded to him.

"Yeah, Limbo. I'm okay..." I was then served a lot of food, more than half of it I had no idea what it was called. I picked up my fork and poked at some yellow stuff on the side of the plate. It looked like someone glued popcorn. I didn't want to eat popcorn glue.

"What's wrong?" Evan asked me. I looked up at him.

"It looks like popcorn. Is popcorn breakfast food?" I asked.

"It's eggs." He told me. I looked down at the popcorn-glue in disbelief... this is eggs?"

"R-really?" I asked as if it were the most interesting thing in the world. I then pointed to a thing that looked like long, thin strips of steak. "Then.. what's that? It looks like steak strips." I mumbled. I heard them all laugh. I said something wrong, didn't I? They were laughing at me. They were laughing at me because I was so stupid. I whimpered, I didn't mean to be stupid...

"It's bacon, you don't know what bacon is?" Some man asked me.

"KeNZou! CaLm dowN, okAy?" Limbo told me. I nodded. Limbo crawled into my lap.

I held Limbo close. Limbo was my best friend of all friends. Not that I had many, anyway. The creature appeared one morning when I was crying after Mother's session of abuse. It pet my shoulder, hugged me and told me everything was going to be okay because I was going to get a second friend soon. I cried with my new friend in my arms. I named him Limbo because of his structure.

Limbo was a small creature. He was about two feet tall. He had very long arms, legs and a slender body. He was basically a walking stick. His head was an upside down pentagon. His head was white and he had a line from one side of his face to the other. A thin line. Near the top of his head were two deep eyes, they looked like they were scribbled. Sometimes Limbo would float next to me, sometimes he'd walk next to me. His voice was high. scratchy and sometimes it sounded like 20 people were talking at once. Some other people might find it annoying, I find it comforting. I hugged Limbo tightly as Ethan got up and walked behind me and Evan reached over. They both rubbed my back and shoulders. I sniffled and looked down at Limbo.