Chapter 18 - Frozen Bands

Evan and Ethan stared at Kenzou. 

"What do you mean-"

"She won't shut up?" the twins asked. 

Kenzou looked up at them, worry and fear in his wide, violet eyes. The colour came back to them and he smiled slightly.

"Oh? It's nothing." He smiled at them. He finished eating what small portion was left of his food and stood up. "Shall we go watch another movie before we go get my Band?" 

"Uh, sure." <--- Evan

"Yeah." <--- Ethan

And so the three went to Kenzou's room. Kenzou sat down in his place in between the twins. 

"What movie, now?" Kenzou asked, looking up at them. 

"I know," Ethan smirked. He entered the movie name, covering Kenzou's eyes, not letting him see it. 

-TIIIIIIIIIME SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP- 

"LET IT GO!" Kenzou sung, running around the room. Evan glared daggers at his brother. "LET IT GOOOO!" Ethan chuckled. "AND I'LL RISE LIKE THE BREAK OF DAWN! LET IT GO! LET IT GO! THE PERFECT GIRL IS GONE!" He ran to the balcony and opened the doors like Elsa had done. "HERE I STAND!" Evan couldn't stop glaring at his sibling; who was a laughing mess. "IN THE LIGHT OF DAY! LET THE STORM RAGE OOOOOOOOOON! The cold never bothered me anyway~" He turned around and closed the door, smiling. Evan's glare softened when Kenzou fell down into a laughing fit with Ethan.

"What is this?" 

"Mother...." 

"What did I tell you about hanging out with this stupid 'Limbo' friend of yours?! Stop laughing!" 

"Sorry, mother." 

"You better be!" She grabbed my hair and dragged me to the bathroom, snatching some scissors on the way. "Cut this hair of yours!" She handed me the scissors, blades facing me. 

"Why?" 

"You stupid boy! Listen to your mother!" She grabbed my wrists and shoved the scissors into them, it felt like she was breaking my wrists with her harsh grip. 

"You aren't my real mother!" I snapped. I covered my mouth, scissors still in hand when I realised what I had just said. 

"What was that?" She inquired, her voice low and deadly. Before I knew it, Mother took the scissors out of my hands and began to cut my hair my hair and at times my ears and face.

"Mother!" I sobbed. 

"Listen to your mother!" She screamed. Her voice fading out of focus. 

"Both of you stop laughing." Evan smiled. Kenzou instantly stopped laughing and his face held a blank expression. 

"Whoa, what happened, buddy?" Ethan asked, placing a hand on Kenzou's shoulder. 

"Sorry, Mother..." Kenzou hung his head.

"Oh, Sweetie. Your step-mother isn't here, okay?" Evan told him. 

"I know but..." 

"But what?" Ethan asked gently, not wanting to rush him.

"...sometimes it feels like she is. Like I can never escape her grasp around my neck, cutting off my air circulation. Making it feel like I am drowning, my lungs are burning. I can't breathe, can't breathe and all I can feel is pain. Just burning, just drowning from her overwhelming touch and words of cruelty-" He began to talk faster with each word and his breathing became ragged. Evan and Ethan engulfed him into a hug.