Doctors are the Worst Patients

Synopsis: Will comes down with strep throat and proves that doctors truly are the worst patients.

"Well, that settles it." Kayla said, with a hidden tone of I told you so. "You have strep."

"Let me see that." Will made a move to grab the test results out of his sister's hand, but his reflexes were too slow and she pulled it away. "It's not strep."

"The symptoms and the lab results add up, Will." She said. "You have had a high fever and sore throat for a few days now. It's just some antibiotics and you'll be back to your old self in no time."

"I know." Will huffed. "I am a healer too, you know." His body was suddenly wracked with chills. He shivered.

"You need a week of antibiotics and at least three days of bed rest." Kayla ordered, not fazed. "Go. I'll send Nico over with your meds later."

Will scowled and stood up from the cot in the infirmary and immediately felt dizzy when he did so. He sighed and dragged himself back to his bed in cabin seven. The soft blankets and pillows welcomed him, but as soon as he was nice and warm under his covers, he felt entirely too hot and started sweating profusely.

"Oh my gods," Will groaned, throwing the blanket off of himself. He knew this was just the fever, but that didn't make it any less annoying.

"So I hear you have strep." Someone said from the doorway. Will looked up and met eyes with a certain son of Hades.

"What are you doing here?" Will grumbled.

"I have your antibiotics. Also I'm keeping you company." Nico explained.

"I don't want company." Will rolled over and buried his face into the pillow.

"Well, I'm here to stay whether you like it or not because you're sick enough that Kayla wanted someone to keep an eye on you." Nico said. "Now stop being so crabby and take your medicine."

He handed Will a pill and a glass of water, which he swallowed with a pained grimace.

"My throat is so sore." Will whispered.

"I know, that's kind of why I'm here." Nico replied. "You have strep throat."

"I know." Will snapped. "I am a doctor."

"Technically you're a healer." Nico corrected.

"Technically... shut up."

Nico suppressed a smile. "How are you feeling?"

Will gave a glare, which probably wasn't very effective, considering how sick he probably looked. "I feel gross."

"Yeah, well, you're sick. It happens."

"I know." The son of Apollo said sharply. Then, realizing his harsh tone, he winced. "Sorry. I just really don't feel good."

"I know." Nico replied simply. "Now that you've gotten your meds, there's not much to do except sit around and wait for them to work."

Will groaned. "I should be in the infirmary right now, being useful."

"Trust me, nobody wants you around while you're contagious." Nico said. "Plus, you're so out of it, I doubt you'd be much help."

"Thanks." He said sarcastically. Then, after a second, he croaked out, "Nico?"

"Yes?" The son of Hades replied, sitting up straighter and looking at Will attentively. "What do you need?"

"Cuddle me?"

"Yeah." Nico's previously worried expression broke out into a smile. "Yeah, of course. Scoot over."

Will moved over and Nico climbed into bed next to him.

"You're hot." Nico stated, upon coming in contact with Will's feverish skin.

Will smirked weakly. "Thanks. I try."

Nico rolled his eyes and brushed the hair off of Will's forehead. "You know what I mean. You have a fever."

"Mmh." Will mumbled something unintelligible and pulled himself closer to Nico. The son of Hades smiled to himself when he realized that the sick healer had fallen asleep.

Kind of a short one, but I'm running into some writers block... anyone have any prompts they want to see written?

PJO/HOO Sickfics and Promptsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें