♔ xiii. "Play in the rain with me?"

Start from the beginning

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A soft sigh escaped Hoseok's lips as he stared out the window. The rain didn't look like it was gonna die down anytime soon and he worried for the others who weren't home yet, especially Jimin. Namjoon who was reading a new book he had purchased on their way home just earlier looked up and had noticed his friend's worried figure. His eyes also fell on the rainy street before he went back to his book.

"He'll be fine." Hoseok almost immediately turned to him in surprise before he let out a soft chuckle.

"Sometimes, the fact that the seven of us know each other too well scares me, you know that?" Namjoon could only grin. To be honest, he was worried too. It wasn't every day that Jimin goes on a 'date', although it's only them who assumed that it is a date, plus, the fact that he rarely goes out without any of them and how it's suddenly raining; they can't help but worry.

As much as Jimin is a very reliable person for everyone, they can't help but treat him as if he was a fragile glass. Maybe it's just their overprotectiveness or maybe they were just not used to the new pace, but nevertheless, Namjoon knew that they should just trust him.

"Let's just believe in him. We all know he's a strong man deep inside. He'll be able to handle a little mishap." Namjoon laid down his book on the coffee table when he heard the door opening. Hoseok already had the towels prepared for the others for them to dry up. He picked it up just in time when three wet looking chicks emerged.

"Damn, I hate the cold." Yoongi cursed under his breath as he accepted the towel from Hoseok with a mumble of thank you and started drying up his hair. Jungkook who was jumping up around, trying to build heat inside his body also accepted a towel.

"Hyung, dry me up." Taehyung said with a child-like voice and an expression of an expectant child, his arms open wide. Hoseok only laughed and threw the towel right at his face.

"Dry yourself up, you spoiled brat." In which the younger boy did.

"Jimin not home yet?" Yoongi shortly asked, eyeing Namjoon's back as he prepared newly heated coffee.

"Nope, not yet." Namjoon answered. "You should stop staring and go wash up, hyung. I know how to use the coffee machine."

Yoongi smirked. "That's what you said when you broke one two months ago." But he did go up to his room as Namjoon had told him.

•••

Jin got home from the café only to be welcomed by the young ones snuggly huddled together in front of the TV watching the new episode of the new drama they are recently into; While You Were Sleeping.

"Hyung, you're home?" Yoongi lazily greeted, not even giving him a glance. All of them, actually; attention too fixed on the screen. Taehyung and Hoseok couldn't even hide their surprise when the actress Suzy playing Hongjoo let goes of the rail and falls down backwards from the building. Jin made a face as he studied each one of them.

"I come home from work, dripping wet from the rain because a certain someone broke our one and only umbrella, and no one even acknowledges me properly? Yah! You brats! I work to feed you all and I don't even have a warm coffee prepared for me? Not even a towel, huh?!" The rest of the boys blatantly ignored him all the while he was nagging, knowing well that their hyung would head straight to the kitchen only to be welcomed with a freshly heated coffee, a towel and a warm left-over soup that Yoongi had prepared for all of them.