Toxic (Romano)

This chapter contains possibly triggering things such as anxiety, minor depression and blood. Minor discretion is advised. You have been warned.

You paced back and forth in your small apartment, brows knitted, showing just how deep your train of thought was. "You should apologize...he would never come to you...you were wrong anyways, he was right..."

The small voices of anxiety wouldn't release you from their grasp. Falling into a chair, you buried your head in between your knees and let out a pathetic sob. One thing you never wanted to lose was Romano, but it seemed you and he just clashed in every way possible. Everything was an argument, a disagreement. Nothing was agreeable and you were both to stubborn to say sorry, or admit you were wrong. Eventually all the fights would just sizzle down and you could forget them, this one was different though.

This time, it's been a full month and you haven't even so much as seen him. Not one call, text, email nor visit. It was like he dropped off the face of the earth. "You've really done it this time...you're an idiot...he obviously realized he could do so much better..."

You curled up into a small ball, shaking and sobbing "No...Romano...Lo...vi...no..." Hiccups tore through your very being. You could feel your face becoming hotter with each shuddering breath

"I'm so sorry Lovino..."

~ ~ ~ ~

Hm? When did you fall asleep? Your memory was foggy...the last thing you could remember was crying yourself to sleep, still curled up on the couch. Romano! You were crying about Lovi!

Jumping up, you raced to your room and ripped your phone off the charger. You had to call him! You couldn't let him get away, you truly loved him too much,

Just as you brought your phone up to your ear, a hand on your mouth to hold back the hiccups, you heard a familiar ringing. Wait...Romano's phone is here?

Strong arms pulled you into a hug behind, soft murmurs slipping from his lips. Blinking back tears, you turned and buried your face into his chest. Fresh sobs getting caught in your throat "Roma! I'm so sorry! I am so so so so sorry!" You cried.

He was quiet, which was alarming "(Y/N)...you shouldn't be the one apologizing..." He whispered, pulling you closer into his embrace. "What...is he...?" Daring to look up, you saw a pained expression on his face. His bright green eyes wet with fresh tears "Romano...?"

Suddenly, he held your face and crashed his lips onto yours. Shock ripped through you, yet you still kissed back happily. He was yours, he came back. He still wanted you. Pulling back a tear slipped down his cheek "I'm the one who should be sorry...I...I'm the worse boyfriend ever...I-I...I always force you to say sorry, after reducing you to...a little ball of self-doubt...I sh-should be thankful y-you still want me..."

The way his voice cracked broke your heart, it ripped through your very being "Roma...I don't care...we both weren't doing our parts in this relationship but...I never want to lose you..." You smiled softly "You're my everything...and I will do everything to stay with you..."

"What I made you do wasn't right at all...I was the worse...but...if you c-can truly forgive m-me...let me have a second chance..." Roma took your hands, holding them against his heart and smiling "(Y/N)...this is Lovino Vargas, asking you to be mines...once more, and I will be the best man I can be to make sure you never cry again..." He whispered. You had to duck your head, giggling and nodding "This is (Y/N)...and she's accepting this request from Mr. Vargas~" Smiling, you wrapped your arms around him. He kissed the top of your head before leading you to the bed.