Chapter 9

Charlotte slowly stopped struggling in Sam's hold but still kept crying. Seth rushed into the house not bothering to knock.

"What happened?" He asks worriedly and rubs Charlotte's shoulders some.

"Emily was telling how we're taking Charlie to the doctor and she just flipped out completely," Sam looks up at Seth. Sam is currently laying on the couch with the little girl laying on top of him.

"That's... odd. .. maybe she's had a bad experience with doctors?" Seth gently says. Emily and Sam nod and hear Carlisle pull up. They gave Doctor Cullen special permission to come onto Quileute land to come help Charlotte.

"Thank you for coming Carlisle. She's in here," Emily says as she leads him into the living room. He slowly kneels in front of the small girl and she looks at him with red puffy eyes.

"Hi sweetie. My name is Carlisle. I'm a person who will help you when you're sick or hurt," he says while trying to avoid the word doctor. "Everything is okay. I promise I won't hurt you." Charlotte hesitates a bit before slowly nodding. Carlisle blinks a little feeling a pressure in his head but waves it off thinking it's nothing.

"N-no hurt?" Charlotte said with such a timid voice.

Carlisle picks her up gently and holds her. "I promise not to hurt you okay?" Charlotte nodded a little bit still afraid. "Okay, we're going to do a little check up okay?" Charlotte nods a little bit while starting to suck on her thumb. Carlisle smiles softly and sets her on the coffee table. Seth sits on the ground by her and holds Charlotte's hand. He softly says funny things to help keep her calm.

"Okay Charlotte. We'll start with weight and height. I brought my scale and special measuring tape. So let's stand up," Carlisle says while setting up the scale. He puts her on it and records her weight then takes measurement of her height. "Hmmmm."

"Is something wrong?" Emily says worriedly.

"Well. Charlotte seems to be slightly underweight and a bit too small in height. But with the right diet she can gain the weight needed." Emily and Sam nod some and share a look. "Now we'll check your throat, ears, and eyes." He gets out the little light and tongue compressor. He checks everything and then gets out a stethoscope. "This is used to check your heart and lungs. It's so I can listen to what's going on. It might be a little chilly ok." Charlotte nods a little as he starts to listen.

His face starts to scrunch in concentration. He hears a tightness in her chest. Like it's hard for her to breath and her heart is over working. "Charlotte, do you have any pain anywhere?" Charlotte nods and points to her head and chest.

Carlisle stands and turns to Emily and Sam. "I need to get a scan of her head and chest. Something isn't right."

Emily can't help but tear up some at the thought of her baby hurting that badly. She nods and rushes upstairs to pack a small bag for Charlotte. Seth gently picks up the little girl and snuggles her close to him. This causes Sam and Carlisle to share a look. Sam just shrugs and gets a few things together.

After Emily gets their things they get in their cars and leave the house. Charlotte stares out the window the whole time and watch as the trees pass by. They soon get to the Cullen's house. They have a medical room set up for Renessme and decided to use it for Charlotte as well.

"Edward can you help me?" Carlisle says as he carries Charlotte in.

"Of course. What do you need help with?" Edward sees the little girl and smiles softly as she gets shy.

"We need to get scans of her head and chest," Carlisle says as they walk to the exam room. Edward nods and feels a slight pressure in his head. Almost like when he reads minds. He shakes his head and starts getting things set up.

Carlisle nods and lays Charlotte down "Let's get started."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My friend, guy friend, literally stayed up just so he could wish me happy birthday at exactly 12:00 a.m. I am blessed.

Have a good day and make good choices.