Chapter 6

In the morning Charlotte came down stairs to see all of the pack sitting around the kitchen as Emily, Quill, and Leah cook breakfast. She looks around first, and no one has really noticed her yet. She sees Seth sitting at the table so she goes to him first. When Seth feels a small hand on his thigh he looks down to see a tired looking Charlotte.

"Good morning little wolf," he says as he picks her up. Charlotte doesn't say anything. She snuggles up to him and lays her head on his shoulder.

"I think someone is still sleepy," Sam says as he comes over. He smoothes the little girl's hair some as she shows a sleepy smile.

"I hope she isn't too sleepy. We're going shopping today with Alice and Rosalie," Emily says softly as she pulls a tray of biscuits out of the oven. Charlotte rubs her eyes with tiny fists and everyone can't help but awe at the sight. "C'mon little one, let's get you ready then we'll eat some breakfast." Emily gently picks her up and carries her upstairs leaving Quill and Leah to finish cooking.

Emily takes the little one to the upstairs bathroom and runs a quick bath. As she helps Charlotte take off her clothes, Emily notices slight scars on the little girl's back and tummy. "Charlotte, where are these from?" Emily as softly.

Charlotte takes a second not really wanting to talk about it. She finally says, "bad people. Bad bad people." Charlotte shakes her head some and starts to suck on her thumb to comfort herself. Emily gently takes her thumb out of the little ones mouth.

"It's ok. It won't ever happen again. I promise," Emily says softly as she places Charlotte into the warm bath water. After the bath, Emily pulls out some clothes that she bought to prepare for the new addition.

 After the bath, Emily pulls out some clothes that she bought to prepare for the new addition

"You look so cute baby girl," Emily says as she puts the soft jacket on Charlotte. Charlotte giggles and all hints of sadness are gone. She runs down the stairs and straight to Sam. Charlotte isn't able to slow herself and ends up slamming into Sam's legs.

Sam looks down to see a pouty little girl sitting on the floor. "I'm sorry baby girl," Sam says as he picks up Charlotte. "Be careful when you're running okay?" Charlotte nods and still clings onto Sam. He can't help but smile softly at the tiny girl. He sits at the table with her on his lap. Emily soon joins at the table and breakfast begins. Everyone seems to eat a lot except for Charlotte.

"Honey, you barely ate anything. Are you sure you're full?" Emily asks Charlotte. The little girl nods and leans onto Sam as her eyes slowly droop. "Don't go to sleep yet baby. We still have shopping to do," Emily chuckles and picks up Charlotte. She voices her slightly to wake her up. "Let's go. Bye everyone."

As they leave the house echoes of good bye sound. Emily sets Charlotte in a car seat and then gets in with Emily. This will be fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kinda short but oh well. In other news I earned the Oklahoma 4-H Key Club award! And I might be a conselor at an acting camp so I'm excited! Like, comment, share!