Chapter 23

*Adrien's POV*

Adrien stared at the screen in confusion, along with Marinette. There were not two robots on the screen, but one. They both had to SHARE a robot and its controls.

What? Adrien thought. They just had to pick a game with shared controls. At least My Lady and I are a great team, or else this would be impossible.

He figured out that his controller enabled him to only attack, while Marinette's controller enabled her to only control the robot's movement.

The world's not in our favor after all....He thought. Marinette is the better attacker, and I'm better at controlling the robot's movement. But, it's okay, I guess. I'm pretty good at attacking, not as good as my bugaboo.

"C-Can we trade controllers?" Marinette asked their host. "Adrien's the one who usually gets to control the robot's movement."

"Nope!" said Alec Cataldi brightly. 

Wow, this guy's so optimistic, it bothers me....

Adrien booped Marinette's nose. "You get what you get and you don't get upset, Princess. Besides, we can do it. I know we can."

Marinette nodded her head in agreement, "Let's get this show on the road."

Technically in our situation it's "Let's get this game on the go," or something of the sort...

Speaking of our round... didn't it already star- Adrien's thoughts got cut off with sudden realization.

He and Marinette suddenly looked up at the screen to see that last year's winners had already caused them to lose a quarter of energy while they were chatting. 

Chat-ting.... That's punny... His mind thought. He slapped himself, giving a mental motivational speech. No puns. Stop distracting yourself even though Father might be screaming his head off at the Fashion show searching for you... or the fact that you lost a TON of energy.

Home: Energy= 100%  Attack Power=75%

Visitors: Energy = 75% Attack Power= 100%

His optimistic mood from earlier faded away and was replaced with alarm. WE'RE GONNA DIE, ABANDON SHIP...No, I don't mean the Marichat, Ladrien, Adrinette, or Ladynoir ship, I meant the figure of speech ship.

You're an idiot. said the other half of his brain. There's a game going on and your thinking about 'ships' at a time like this? I can't take you seriously.

Well... I can't take YOU seriously. He thought back.

Oh, just stop thinking and play, your robot's probably half-dead by now. Scolded his mind.

Wait.... WHAT?!

Alarmed, Adrien accidentally used all of their power in an attack that made the other side lose half of their energy.

Home: Energy= 50% Attack Power=75%

Visitors: Energy = 75% Attack Power= 0%

"Adrien!" Marinette said, half-yelling. Adrien looked sheepish, I shouldn't have done that...

"Can we earn our attack power back?" He asked the host. "Nope!" Alec said. "You used it all up!"

Stop being so optimistic, it's getting annoying....

"Great..." Marinette muttered. "How are we going to destroy them if we don't have any power?"

I have it! An idea that'll make up for my mistake!

"Marinette! Dodge their attacks!" Adrien said, standing up.

Right beside them, last year's champions stared at the screen with hunger. Both of the previous champions moved their controllers' sticks quickly, not saying a word.

Marinette, on the other hand, dodged multiple attacks by the previous winners, causing them to crash into a wall and lose tons of points. Marinette dodged them multiple times, finally causing them to explode, thus dying.

Home: Energy= 0% Attack Power=75%

Visitors: Energy = 25% Attack Power= 0%

WINNERS: Visitors

Marinette jumped up and hugged Adrien, with him hugging her back, both blushing.

Wish this could happen every day, hugs feel good, nope... they feel purrfect.

For once I agree with you... said the other half of his brain.

"Congratulations!" Alec Cataldi exclaimed. "We have one round left!"

Marinette and Adrien both groaned. This is going to get A LOT more difficult... isn't it?

"Let me at him. He won't be smiling anymore..." He muttered loud enough for Marinette to hear.

"Adrien!" Marinette chided. He shrugged innocently. "What?"

"The next round between these two will be with the year before's winners, who had never lost a round until last year!" Alec said brightly. "We begin in ten minutes!"

*Marinette's POV*

Marinette turned to Adrien, "Pound it!" They both said, fist bumping each other. "We still have another round left, Princess," Adrien said." He pointed at her ladybug watch. "How much time passed?"

"Umm..." Marinette looked at her watch. "About twenty minutes... why?"

"I um..." Adrien said embarrassed. "Have to go to the litter."

"Oh," Marinette said, turning slightly red. Shouldn't have asked....

"I'll be back soon, Princess," Adrien said with a wink, sending her blushing. And with that, the love of her life ran out of the room

*Adrien's POV*

Adrien immediately ran into the building where the fashion show was taking place, bumping into someone, to be exact, Gabriel Agreste. 

"Where were you, Adrien? You caused my reputation to be at stake here! You are supposed to begin modeling in ten minutes! We are still rehearsing if you haven't heard!" 

"Sorry, Father," Adrien said, not meeting his father's eyes. "I had to... do something."

"Nevermind, that," His Father said. "Go into the dressing room and change."

Under his father's eyes, Adrien walked into his dressing room, getting ready for the fashion show that awaited him.

Well, this is going to be hard to get out of. Father's gonna have his eyes on me.... along with my bodyguard, Natalie, and a bunch of other people... 

How am I going to get out of this one? I can't cry fake crocodile tears this time, I'm in dire need of assistance.

There's only one person for the job, Alya Cesaire.