Names

I sat on the couch, my phone on silent, my laptop on my lap, typing out my newest article for Alternative Press. As I tried to write my article on underappreciated band members in today's bands, I couldn't take my mind of Jack. How was he? How is he taking it? What is he doing right now? I reached down instinctively and touched my stomach, wishing it had been his. Wishing I hadn't made the mistake I did. I clicked out of my Word document and opened my internet browser and googled baby names. Unlike Pete and Ashlee, I wanted to name my kid something that he wasn't going to be made of for the rest of his life. No initials that spelt things like BMW.

What was the baby's last name going to be? John was the father, so would it be O'Callaghan or would it be my last name, Carmichael? And Jack, would he want part of the baby's name? Who would support us? I would have to write full time for AP now and John would have to send money. I'm sure Alex and Rian would let me stay in the house still but, I would just feel too awful.

I spent over 2 hours looking over baby names, ruling some out, making up ridiculous names, finding the meanings to them all but, reading them by myself made me feel empty. I couldn't leave either one of the boys out, each would have a say, if Jack ever forgave me.

I reached over and grabbed my cell phone from the table. Flipping it open I checked my messages, 8. 3 from John,

Alycat? It's John, call me back hun.- Aly? Jack just called me, you have to call me soon. -ALYSSA CARMICHAEL CALL ME.

2 from Bianca,

Aly, call me when you have the chance, did you tell Jack? -Aly, don't worry about Jack for the night he's with Zack and I for the night.

1 from Kennedy,

Hey, if you need anything Aly, don't hesitate to call me. It's Kenny by the way.

1 from Kadie,

Fuck Aly, Jack called Alex, if Alex calls DO NOT PICK UP THE PHONE, I repeat, DO NOT PICK UP THE PHONE. He's on a war path, I love you.

And finally 1 from Alex,

ALYSSA CARMICHAEL WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO? JOHN FUCKING O'CALLAGHAN? You broke Jack's fucking heart, you are being such a heartless bitch, what the fuck did he do to you? Smarten up and stop being a little-Deleted from the machine, not from my ears. Alex was mad and no matter how close Bianca and I or Kadie and I or even John and I were, Alex and I were always closer. I was living in his fucking house for fuck's sake. I placed my laptop on the coffee table in front of the couch and curled up in a ball. Alex hated me, I knew it, and I could hear it in his voice. My first friend in Maryland and he hated me because I made a mistake, a mistake I was determined to keep.

I cried and cried into the darkness. Rian stayed at Kara's for the night so I was alone in the house, I was so alone. I reached down and touched my stomach. A sudden surge of energy shot through my hand to my stomach and I felt an unbreakable connect to the cells growing in my baby maker. For the first time all night I smiled. Under all the wrong circumstances, this felt so right.