Secrets

"Garroth..."

Garroth's POV

I can tell Laurence hesitated, from his posture to the sound of his wavering voice he seems unsure of himself all together. I continue to keep my eyesight away from him, trying to be as emotionally detached as I can. I hear him sigh, and his grip loosens on my shoulders. I fight the urge to burst into tears and lean on Laurence for support, that would ruin everything. I made a promise to not tell a soul about what happened at the lodge, and that includes not telling Laurence. It is so hard not to speak of it though, it's like I have to push it away, like it never even happened. I clench my fists just thinking about that time, how horrible it was, how everything was so...scary. Laurence finally speaks up. His voice is soft and quiet, as if he was trying to conserve energy. But along with that it sounded raspy, like he needed a glass of water. He let his arms fall to his side as he spoke, clearly trying to give me some space.

"Garroth...What happened at the lodge?"

I gulp. A wave of nervousness washes over me, as memories flood into my brain. I shake my head, trying to keep myself focused. If I spaced out now that would be more than suspicious.

"I-I thought I told you once we got back-"

"Garroth I know you were lying!" He cuts me off, his voice slightly raised. I glance at him, his fists are balled up and his eyebrows are raised. His eyes narrow on me, as if he is glaring into my soul. I breathe heavily, trying to keep myself in a calm state.

"I-I wasn't lying, I-I--"

"Garroth...look me in the eyes and tell me what happened, tell me the truth." He demands calmly, I notice his hands loosen up slightly. Looking at Laurence I stare into his brightly coloured blue eyes, eyes that are filled with worry and concern.

"I-I told you before and I'll tell you again. N-Nothing happened at the lodge..." It is so hard for me to lie to Laurence, but if I told the truth I'd be betraying Aaron, Zane and worst of all Aphmau. The poor girl has had it rough for the past few weeks, worst than rough actually.

"Then where is Aaron and Aphmau!?" He argues, arms crossed as his eyes still focus on me. I fiddle with my fingers and sigh.

' C'mon Garroth, you have to lie...'

"Aaron had to go on a business trip with his family for a year, it's confidential business I'm not allowed to speak of..."

"And Aphmau?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"She couldn't take that she had to be away from Aaron for so long...so she went to stay with her mother for a bit..." At least that is true.

He sighs and uncrosses his arms, he looks down and mutters something under his breath.

"Sorry for implying that you were a liar..."

I smile and pull the male into a tight hug, resting my head on his shoulder. As I hug him I see a picture of the gang from A-Con for a first year, how we were all smiling and laughing. I feel tears slip down my cheek as I stare at the photo, I miss those times... I sniffle and try to hold in my sadness, don't want to worry Laurence after all. I pull away from the hug and he gives me a heart warming smile, one that can simply melt even the coldest of hearts. I'm so lucky to have a friend like Laurence, one who will always be there for me, no matter how idiotic I get. I look at the time, 5:59 am. No point in going back to sleep now, I glance at the shut door. I wonder when Zane will come home...or if he even will at all. Lately Zane has-

My trail of thought is broken by a hand placed on my shoulder, I look back to see Laurence with a calming expression. I loosen up a bit and look down at the male.

"Zane will be back soon Mr.Stutterking...don't worry about it..."

I laugh slightly at the name he as given me, I brush his hand off my shoulder and sigh.

"I'm his big brother...I'm supposed to worry about him...Even if he doesn't want me too..." I hesitate, almost choking over my own words. He shakes his head and looks out the window, "That reminds me...I wanted to ask you something. But please don't get mad!" Laurence begged.

"Shot away" I say calmly.

"Why has Zane been acting so strange lately...more than usual. For starters he leaves every morning fairly early before anyone is awake...And then he comes home late at night when we all went to sleep, and when he is at home he's in his room with his door locked. No sound comes out of his room during that time, just silence...Is zane planning something, like planning to stab someone in the back?" Laurence asks.

Oh Laurence...Poor choice of words. My eyes widen as I try not to cry, Laurence didn't know any better but just saying the word stab brings up awful memories. I try to ignore what I'm feeling and crack a fake whole-hearted smile.

"He's fine! H-He just is being his normal self...he used to do this in highschool as well." I lie, nervously stammering over my words as I did so. Laurence gives me a questioning look and mutters a small 'okaaaay'. He sits on the couch and motions for me to sit beside him, gladly taking him up on that offer I sit beside him. I cross my legs on the couch and sit shoulder to shoulder with Laurence, we begin to watch 'The Office' because it always cheers me up. Whenever Laurence laughs at a joke I feel my heart light up, I'm glad that I was blessed with a best friend like him.

Zane POV

I walk to the park, slush and grass crunching beneath my step. Mud was squished under me, some of it sticking to my shoe. As I make it to the park I notice a bench on top of a hill, that's actually where I've been spending most of my time lately. Watching the sun rise, watching it set. It's the only thing that gives me peace nowadays. I trudge my way up the hill and relax myself on the bench. My back is slouched and my head facing the sun. My eyes focus on the sun slowly rising, how the rays reflect off the tree that is to the right of me. I sigh, letting a huge breath of air escape my pale lips. As the sun rises I can't help but let out a small, almost invisible smile. I'm not wearing my mask, so my tiny smile is out for the world to see. The sun finishes rising and my smile fades. Grey clouds rolled over one another, clearly it was going to rain soon. I don't mind, a little rain never hurt anyone. Knives hurt people. Just like how Aphmau's knife hurt Aaron.

And with that, tears slip down my face. I place my elbows on my knees and press my hands into my eyes.

"I wish I could've saved her..." I mumble under my breath.

"Saved who?"

~~~
(A/N): ANOTHER CLIFF HANGER HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. But seriously, I'm glad y'all liked the first chapter! :') I hope you enjoyed the heavy garrnece I threw in there.

Words: 1264

Angst Level: 4/10