Part One

Origins

The light from the knights' torches was her only way of knowing what direction to run. She flew through the woods, not knowing how to get out of this one. Evangeline knew she was doomed when the arrow pierced her skin and she fell to the ground. No magic could save her now. When her powers were suppressed at the castle she knew that she wouldn't escape, but she still had to try. She had to save her baby.

The knight stood before her, and with a swift movement, ripped the newborn child from its mother's arms. "You can't do this!" the mother screamed, "She's my daughter!"

The knight stopped, and turned to face the weeping witch. "Not anymore." And with that, the knight hopped on his steed and rode back to the castle, cradling the child close to his chest.

Evangeline, the once powerful enchantress, laid on the ground, trying to gain enough strength to heal where she was shot. "I will get my daughter back, and no one will get in my way," she whispered, "and then my true work begins." Eva then continued to weep, until sleep took her away under the full moon.

At the royal palace, the king waited for the return of his men. In order to save their realm from disaster, he had to do as the oracles advised, and send the witch's babe far away, where it will no longer be a threat to the safety of his people.

Just then the scrawny messenger boy came running in and bowed, "It's here sir, the knights are back."

The king gestured the boy to leave and ordered the baby to be brought before him.

"Here is the child, your majesty." the knight announced as he presented the girl to the king.

"Very well Sir Arthur," said the old king, "now fetch me Marley, we have some business to attend to."

The infant was put in a bread basket and Sir Arthur ran to the Great Tower to tell the wizard the king's orders.

As he waited, King Oscar looked as himself in the mirror. Pretty soon it would be time to hand down the thrown. The king was grey, wrinkled, and very stout. He had to have specially designed clothing because the usual robes were too long and tight. Before he can retire, he must have a successor, otherwise all of the chaos might allow for an outsider to become the ruler, leaving his family as, ugh, regular citizens!

Marley rushed in, "Apologies, sir, I am ready now"

"Good," King Oscar muttered, "do it!"

As he was told, Marley twirled his hand three times, and a portal inches away from the baby took form. The King got a smug look on his face as he trotted over to the basket, and kicked it in the hole.

"Where is it going anyway?" the king asked Marley.

"Far away, where it should never be reached. It is going to the Realm of the Foretold," Marley answered, "to a little place called Earth."

Somewhere in Central Park, a baby flies out from nowhere and lands in a nearby bush. The green-eyed babe began to cry as the gelid wind blew by. Having no blanket, the poor child got cold quickly.

Hours later, a police officer notices the baby, and taken with the child's cuteness, decides to take her home to his wife. He picked it up and held it close. The kid must've been out here for hours! The man hurried home, with the baby tucked in his arms.

The cop finally saw his apartment and hurried inside. "Susan!" yelled the officer, still holding the baby, "I'm home!"

Susan Smith was a kind, and loving woman in her 20s, who always wanted a happy family of her own. She loved children, but hadn't tried to have any because her mom insisted she was still too young. Being the obedient girl she's always been, she'd listened to her mother. Up until now, that is.