Chapter 11

Apparently, Courtney told her dad's she is gay, Jessica told her dad about the rape and Bryce got arrested. The Bakers found out about the tapes and listened to them. Mr. Ported lost his job at the school. I don't know what will happen next with the lawsuit at school. Justin left and nobody knows anything about him. I feel like everybody is falling apart.
"They handcuffed Bryce right there in front of my eyes, it was crazy" Zach said. We were cuddling in bed, I was laying on his chest, my face hidden in the crook of his neck while he rubbed my back. "What do you think will happen to him?" I asked in a whisper "I don't know, he either gets like 7 years in jail or he get's away with it" he said "God, that is scary. I'm really worried about Jessica, she doesn't answer her phone. I've been thinking about dropping by at her house later" I said "Yeah, she might appreciate you being there for her" he said and kissed the top of my head.
Around 7pm I drove over to Jessica's house. Her mom opened the door and let me in. I walked up to her room and knocked on the door. She opened the door soon after the knock. Jessica looked terrible, her eyes were red and puffy, her hair was a mess. I didn't say anything, just hugged her tightly. "Everything will be alright" I said while she cried. We sat down on her bed and started talking. "It was so hard for me to tell anyone, I feel disgusting and embarrassed. I just want Bryce to pay for what he did" she said "Have you talked to Justin?" I asked "No, no way. I don't want to see him ever again. He lied to me, he let Bryce ruin me" she said "Alright, calm down, I understand what you're saying but I bet he's hurting too" I said "I don't care" she said "Have you heard about Sheri and Courtney?" I asked and she nodded "It must have been hard for them" I said "Yeah, it's hard on us all" Jess said "So, what happens with you now?" I asked "I'm on pills and I'm seeing a therapist" she said "Has is helped at all? Talking to the therapist?" I asked "Not really" she said "Zach wanted to come but he's got a family thing. He worried so much about you, he's the one who told me what happened" I said "He tried calling me. Thanks for being here for me" she said "Of course, we're friends" I smiled slightly.
Two weeks later, Sheri was back to school already and in the cheer squad. My boyfriend was killing the basketball game, Jeff his baseball, Clay decided to talk to me and for the first time in a long time I felt like things are calm. The Bryce thing is still going on, Jessica is getting better but Courtney is still hiding at school. For the past two days I've been feeling a little neuseous and fatigued and I don't know why. I didn't tell anyone because after taking some medicine and resting it went away. But this morning I threw up. "Sheri I need to talk to you" I whispered at my friend "What's wrong?" she asked with a worried expression "I've been feeling really bad lately and my period is two weeks late. I threw up this morning" I said and her eyes went wide "Oh my God, do you think that you might be-" she whispered "I don't know but I'm scared to take a test" I said and she rubbed my back "I'll buy you a test at lunch time and we can go into the bathroom so you can take it" she said and I nodded.
I took the test and walked out of the toilet cube after flushing the water. "Did you luck the door?" I asked and she nodded "How much do we have to wait?" she asked "Two minutes" I breathed out, setting the pregnancy test on the counter. I washed my hands and looked back at Sheri. "This is the longest two minutes of my life" I said and she hugged me "What is you're pregnant? Are you going to tell your parents, or Zach?" she asked "No way" I said "But you have to" she said "No I don't. My parents can't know about this, especially not Zach. You have to swear you don't tell anyone" I said "Yeah, no I swear" she said and looked at the time on her phone "It's already been 3 minutes, you should look at it" she said and I let out a big breath I didn't even realize I was holding. I picked up the pregnancy test with a shaky hand and tears formed in my eyes. "It's positive" I whispered "I'm so sorry" she said. Suddenly, so many thoughts flew to my mind. "Alright, I have to call the hospital and schedule an abortion" I said, wiping my tears away "Woah, slow down. Don't you want to process this a little?" Sheri asked "No, I want to get rid of this problem as soon as possible" I said. She just looked at me confused and surprised of my words.
After class, I went to the hospital and had a talk with a doctor. He told me I was indeed 2 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I had a schedule for 3 days from now for the abortion. Jeff came over later and we studied a little together for history. "Something is wrong with you" Jeff stated looking at me suspiciously "What do you mean? There's nothing wrong with me" I smiled "I know you baby girl, just tell me" he said, throwing a pillow at me. I wanted to tell him because I know he understands me more than anyone. "It's nothing" I said, throwing the pillow back at him "Alright, but promise that you will come to me when you need to talk" he smiled and I nodded "Will do" I said. He gathered his things and I walked him to the door "I'll see you tomorrow" I smiled at him "Good night, stay safe" he said and kissed my forehead "Drive safe" I said back. I ran up to my room and called Zach. "Yoooo" he answered "Dang, someone is in a good mood" I laughed "Yeah, just beat Marcus and Alex in the game" he laughed "Nice baby. Jeff just left" I said "How was study session, Jeff improving at all?" he asked "Yes, he's a hidden genius. He just doesn't like to pay attention in class or do his homework because he's under the impression that he's not smart enough" I said "Good thing he has you to help him" he said "Yeah, I guess. Anyway, just wanted to say I love you and goodnight" I said "I love you too baby, I'll see you tomorrow" he said "Okay, bye" I said and ended the call. I can't wait to get this abortion done and over with. I couldn't really sleep that night, I had all these dreams about this stupid pregnancy and how Zach reacted when he found out. It was horrible, he hated me for it, broke up with me and my parents sent me to a clinic so this won't blow up and I won't embarrass them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading, comment, vote and share my story. xx