Chapter 3

"Clay!Hey, wait up!" I said, running after him in the hall. He stopped, turningaround and giving me a surprised face. "Hey, uh Roxy?" he said when I finallycaught up. "Hey, I need your help with a project I have in mind, you're good atcomputers right? So could you help me?" I pleaded. " Sure, no problem. What isit again?" he asked nervously. "It's something school relater, how about we goto Monte's after school and I'll tell you exactly what I came up with" Isuggested and he nodded "Awesome, meet me in the parking lot after school isover, thanks Clay" I smiled at him then walked away, passing by Hannah Baker and not even bothering tolook at her. I made my way to the school cafeteria. "Sheri! Oh my God, so goodto finally see you, how are you feeling?" I greeted her with a hug and a bigsmile "So much better" she laughed. Sheri stayed at home for the entire weeklast week due to having a runny nose and fever. "That's great, you coming tosit with us?" I smiled "Actually, I'm in a hurry because Mr. Porter wants tosee me for some reason" she said and I nodded, heading to get myself some lunch. 

I loved lunch at Liberty since it's so diverse and you have healthy options as well

I loved lunch at Liberty since it's so diverse and you have healthy options as well. That's of course because of me and Courtney's last year improvement project as well as the Vitamin Aqua champagne. I grabbed a chicken salad sandwich and a bottle of Ca for a little lemon freshness.

"Here comes the student's president, make some room for the royalty" Justin said as I was approaching out usual table by the window "Very funny, Foley" I rolled my eyes and sat down next to Zach and giving him a kiss. "So, how are you feeling Foley, confident for tonight's match? Or are you going to let all the other guys score all the points again?" I smirked at him, rising my right eyebrow and anticipating a comeback "Savage mode! Wooho!" Bryce yelled out and the guys laughed "That hit deep Campbell" Justin said, pointing his index finger at me. "Anyway, I got an A at math today, how about that for great news?" Jess said, making us all laugh "Guess what? I got an A+ at math today" I said and the laughing increased "I saw you talking to that Clay Jensen guy in the hall, what was that about?" Jess asked "Oh, I asked his help" I was trying to open up the bottle but for some reason the cap was really sealed. Zach grabbed it, frustrated with watching me struggle "What could he possibly help you with?" my boyfriend asked, placing the open bottle on the table. "Actually, I have a project that I'm going to tell the principle and if he thinks it's a good idea, I'm going to need Clay's help to make it come to life" I said "Another project? Damn, you're on fire" Bryce laughed.

I ate my lunch and said goodbye to my friends, heading off to Mr. Bolan's office. I knocked on the door and entered after hearing 'come in' from the other side. "Hello Mr. Bolan" I smiled "Oh hello Roxanne, how are you, have a seat" He said, taking his reading glasses off and putting down the papers he was focused on. "I asked to see you because I want to talk to you about something that I think might improve our high school and make it more fun for the students as well" I said "Well I'm happy to hear about anything you have to say" he said.

I was waiting for Clay in the parking lot by my red car, more than excited to get started with him on this project, even more now that the principle thinks that it is a very blooming and bright idea. We spent 2 hours at the café, talking about some details and getting together to actually start the whole thing. When I got home, I greeted my mother.

"Hey mom, how are you? You're home early" I said, giving her a hug "I'm great, yeah, how about you honey? Was school good today?" she asked "Yes, actually" I said "I took out the dog for a walk today, you know?" she said, a hint of sarcasm in her tone. My eyes widened at her words. "Oh mom, I'm sorry, I completely forgot" I spoke quickly "Yeah, I figured" she laughed "But I have a reason, I'm actually starting this project with a friend, it has to do with school and an online website, principle Bolan approved the idea and I just got caught up with excitement. Clay and I went to Monte's after school to talk about some details and I lost track of time" I said and she rolled her eyes "Alright, it's fine. But next time, do your chores okay? You're the one that wanted a dog so desperately, take proper care of her then" she warned and I smiled "Noted, thank you. I have to go now, I need to finish some homework then get ready for the basketball match" I said and jogged upstairs, followed by my dog. The match starts at 7:30 but I have to be there one hour in advance.

So I hurried up with whatever I had to do, took a shower and put on my cheerleader uniform and put my hair in a ponytail. I took a final look in the mirror, making sure that my outfit, hair and makeup were perfect. I put on my perfectly white sneakers that matched my white and blue clothes and grabbed my school varsity jacket. "I'm leaving for the match mom, bye" I yelled out, running down the stars "Call if you stay out late" I heard her say but I was already out the door. Sheri was waiting for me in her car, even though she's not cheering tonight I'm happy she's there. "Hey Roxy, love the glitter highliter you've got going on" she smiled and I thanked her while putting the seat belt on. She drove to school and we entered the gym. I texted Zach but he didn't reply so I figured he didn't have his phone on him. As we entered the gym, some people were already starting to come, the guys were talking to coach. "I'll go say hi to Zach, okay?" I said to Sheri "Sure, I'll be with the girls" she nodded and I ran over to the basketball team. "Hi coach, hi guys!" I greeted with a smile "Hello miss Campbell, here to cheer for our team?" coach asked "Always" I smiled and looked at Zach. He wrapped an arm around my waist, bringing me close to his body, lips coming down to meet mine. "Hey baby girl, you look gorgeous" he whispered into my ear which made me smile. "Alright boys, give your best, yeah?" coach said, bringing his hands together in a clap and earning the team's cheers. The circle of players spread around, leaving me and Zach alone. "Ready for your match, starboy?" I asked making him chuckle "Always" he smirked "Nice glow" he continued, poking my cheek "I know, thought I should try something new" I smiled and he kissed me again.

 "Ready for your match, starboy?"  I asked making him chuckle "Always" he smirked "Nice glow" he continued, poking my cheek "I know, thought I should try something new" I smiled and he kissed me again

    Thematch started soon, me and the cheer girls performed at the beginning and athalf time . Zach was on fire today, I was so proud of him. He was sending mesmall smiles and cute winks every now and then, making me blush a little. "Youguys are my aesthetic, such couple goals" Sheri said causing me to smile. Thegame ended up with our team wining. I sprinted on the court, jumping intoZach's arms, He picked me up, spinning me around once and giving me a big kiss."You guys did it! Congratulations! " I smiled.