Chapter 1

Today starter just like any other day would, I woke up at the same time, did my morning routine, got ready for school, had breakfast with my parents, pet the dog

    Today starter just like any other day would, I woke up at the same time, did my morning routine, got ready for school, had breakfast with my parents, pet the dog. I guess I loved routines. But today was somewhat different though.
"Special birthday pancakes for the birthday girl" my mom said as she put a plate of gluten free blueberry pancakes middle in front of me at the round, wooden table. Sticky maple syrup was dripping down the pancake tower, making the white plate a golden color. "Hope you like it, honey" she smiled and lit the pink candle sitting on top of the rack.
"Thank you mom, but you didn't have to" I said smiling at her. She rolled her eyes at my words. I think she was way more excited than me.
"Here's my lovely little angel, Happy Birthday Roxanne" my dad said cheerfully as he gave me a big squeeze. "Can't believe you're 17 already, I guess time really does fly" he said and looked at his plate "I guess I could have done some pancakes as well, Andrea dear." he laughed looking at my mom.
"I only made one batch, alright? Besides, I'm in a hurry, I have to stop by somewhere before I head to work" she said. At this point I didn't even listen anymore to their conversation since I was too busy chowing down my special breakfast my mom made for me every year on my birthday, even though we have pancakes or waffles every Saturday.
"Alright, thanks for the extra effort mom but I have to get to school now" I said, standing up from my seat at the table. My parents stood up as well, looking at me in a weird way. "What?" I asked. " Your mother just wants to walk you to the door, that's all" dad smiled at me while mom grabbed my lunch and hurried to my side. "Alright then" I said and grabbed my bag for school as well as my cheer equipment bag.
"Oh, dad did you get your car keys?" I asked while opening the front door. "You mean your car keys?" he smiled and pointed to the vehicle parked on the roadside. My eyes widened when I saw the new car parked outside on the house, in our front yard.

                "Oh my God!" I yelled out in a high pitched voice, skipping straight to the beautiful car

    "Oh my God!" I yelled out in a high pitched voice, skipping straight to the beautiful car. "Is this really mine? Like, are you not joking right now? Cause if you are then I might cry" I said causing them both to laugh. "No jokes, honey. It's our gift to you, well one of them, look inside" mom smiled. I opened the car door and saw a bag which inside had a beautiful red rope Cartier bracelet, adding to my collection.

 I opened the car door and saw a bag which inside had a beautiful red rope Cartier bracelet, adding to my collection

    "Thank you so much for everything" I said, hugging them both after putting on the bracelet. " The bracelet is for being a good kid and doing so well at school. The principle called and told us how proud he is of you and how great your grades are, besides all the other amazing things you do at school" mom smiled. It was true I was a geek, always doing great at school, being active in class, doing extracurricular activities, participating in Decathlons, Olympiads, Competitions, Clubs, Cheerleading, Volunteering name them all. It was my only way of thanking my parents for everything they do to me, besides being a very well behaved kid with exceptional manners.
"Thank you, but I should get going now though" I smiled apologetically. "Oh yes, of course. Have a good day, honey" mom smiled. Dad gave me the keys and I drove off.
When I was almost at the school, my boyfriend texted me.
From: Zach
Where you at, baby?
To: Zach
Pulling up right now.
I had a smirk on my face as I drove through the schools parking lot to my usual spot and watching all the other kids look at my brand new car, wondering who might be the owner. My friends had the same face expressions: confused and amazed.
"You've gotta be fucking kidding me" I heard Bryce say when I opened my door and stepped out looking confident. "Good morning guys" I smiled at them. "Nice car Roxy" Justin smirked. "Oh this? Yeah, just got it as a birthday gift from my parents this morning" I said, grabbing my bag and joining Zach's side. His arm went around my shoulders instinctively while his lips met mine. "Oh yeah, no big thing, right guys? It's not like it's a fucking red Lambo" Bryce laughed and opened his arms "Happy Birthday Roxy " he smiled and I hugged him, along with Justin and Jeff. I watched Atkins take out a big teddy bear of his car and my smile grew wider. "Zach told us you were in extreme need of a giant teddy so here, our gift to you" he said. "It's from all of us, heard that?" Justin clarified smiling. "Yes, oh my God, I'm so happy right now" I smiled, taking the giant bear." Here,let me take a snap" Bryce said, pulling out his phone and snapping a picture. "Alright,we should get to class" I said, putting the bear on the backseat of my car and locking it.
"Happy Birthday baby girl!" Jessica came running and giving me the biggest hug. "Thank you babes" I smiled. "I have the best gift for you, Rox" she clapped her hands in joy but Bryce spoke up "Alright Jess, how about you postpone it until after first period with Mrs. Bower, yeah?" he suggested and we all started heading towards the school entry.
"Happy Birthday babe, you look beautiful today" Zach whispered into my year, causing me to smirk under my nose. "Thank you for your compliment Mr. Dempsey" I looked up to him playfully. "Anytime, doll" he winked. "You guys coming or what?" Justin yelled and I noticed we were slacking behind.
As we entered the halls, people were looking at us, greeting, the boys were shaking hands and giving high fives while Jess and I just smiled kindly. Some people were wishing me Happy Birthday as we passed, even people I don't know. I felt amazing walking on Zach's side, his arm protectively around my shoulders while mine wrapped around his waist. He was the hottest guy I've ever dated, tall, handsome, athletic, funny and all mine.

 He was the hottest guy I've ever dated, tall, handsome, athletic, funny and all mine