five.

Nevaeh

I tapped my foot vigorously as I leaned up against August's locker so we could walk to the library together. I pulled out my phone for the fifth time to see that it was 3:15, he was 15 minutes late and yet, I'm not surprised.

"He has five more minutes before I walk away from him and this whole tutor situation." I mumbled to myself while shaking my head. I tried to tell Mr.Gardner that this wouldn't work but he didn't believe me, maybe if I tell him about how terrible day one went he'll realize that I'm not the one to help him out.

"Wazzam shortie." I heard August voice call out from a distance as he casually walked over to me like he wasn't 15 minutes late.

"And where have you been? I told you 3:00, and it's currently 3:15!" I said while tapping onto my home button to show him the time, but he did nothing but laugh.

"Well, I'm hea now ain't i? So let's get goin." August said while smirking.

"I'm not even in the mood for this, let's just go." I said while rolling my eyes and walking towards the direction of the library.

"You a grumpy lil jawn, huh?" August said while laughing.

I just rolled my eyes harshly, not even bothering to play along into his games.

After about five minutes of walking, we finally made it to the library, but we wasn't all that happy with what we saw.

"Sorry, the library will be closed for the rest of the week!" I read along with the miniature poster that was plastered across the library's double doors.

"Really?" I whispered to myself while looking up at the ceiling.

"We can go to your house if ya want." August suggested while pulling out his phone.

"No, no, no, no, no!" I nearly yelled involuntarily. There was no way in hell my parents would approve of me bringing August home, tutor or no tutor, it'll never happen.

"What? Yo boojie ass scared of what yo parents gone say when dey precious, little girl brings home a 'thug'?" August questioned while furrowing his brows.

"No! It's just, my parents are very strict, technically I'm not even allowed to bring home friends who are boys, let's just go to your place." I quickly said, while taking in a long, deep, breath.

"Aight." August said while walking off.

"Wait up!" I yelled while swiftly making my way over to him in attempt to catch up.

After about five minutes of running, we finally made it to the parking lot.

I stared out at about 7 different cars, considering it was now 3:30, the school was pretty much dead.

I stared at a three Honda accords, a Lexus, a mini van, a Toyota, and a Mercedes Benz- which I presumed was August's car. Once he pulled out a car remote, and pushed the unlock button, which caused the Mercedes Benz to blink- I was positive that it was his car.

It was all white, with a gold frame, and gold rims, I'm not even really all that into cars but I couldn't lie, he had a nice ass car.

"Wea's yo car at, ma?" August asked as the both of us climbed into the two front seats.

"Well, I normally come to school with jade." I said while putting on my seatbelt.

He acknowledged what I said, but never verbally replied, and i was okay with that.

After about twenty minutes, the outside scenery turned from middle class neighborhoods, and packed corner stores, to tall- miniature mansions, with beautiful man made ponds and long hills.