A Dear Memory

Chrissy rushed into the hospital reception and asked the nurse for a Samuel Furtado who was admitted for a road mishap.

She was directed towards the ER but was not allowed to go in because she is not family.

Chrissy was on the end of her nerves. Her mind, as usual, ran a thousand miles per minute. Thinking about everything good and bad that could happen to a person in a road accident. Thankfully she did not have a laptop on her or else she would have launched into complete research.

She stood outside the ER, looking in through the thin glass at her love lying with thousands of needles inserted in him. She had no idea what was what and for once she wished she was attentive in her biology class.

Yes, she was in love with him.

Pretty fast, but who said that you cannot fall in love with a person in a short time?

She pressed her forehead to the cool glass, thinking about the day she spent one hour after school in the train station with him.

Samuel wanted to talk to her about something and she just couldn't say no. He came to pick her up from her school after his college and they both rode the bus to reach the train station.

He was very hesitant that day. Chrissy knew that he wanted to say something to her but was having trouble with words. She remembered understanding his trouble and took his hand in her's, to help him soothe his nerves. She smiled remembering the bright smile that graced his face and the obvious relaxation of his posture. Chrissy then understood the power human contact had on a person.

When they reached the train station, he led her to the lodge room where he had an access to. He made his way to the most secluded corner and sat down, silently telling her to do the same.

He interlaced his fingers with her and leaned forward. Chrissy knew that whatever it was a serious discussion so she sat up straight.

"Flower...I...I don't know how to say this but..." He hesitated.

Samuel had started calling her Flower because one day she had used her cousins' shampoo which was an odd mix of lavender and vanilla. Samuel instantly loved it on her and requested her to use it every day. His favorite flowers were Lavender and from then he started calling her Flower.

She gave his hands a squeeze and an encouraging nod, beckoning him to go on.

He blew out a deep breath and looked into her eyes with a very soft look. Chrissy was pretty much accustomed to the look but was immensely surprised to see something else too.

"I wanted to know if you are okay with us meeting like this. Not that anyone will not approve but are you...are you comfortable in my company?" His voice held so much nervousness, his eyes showing her a vivid picture of his trouble and his tone showing the complete genuineity in his feelings.

She let out a laugh and shook her head. So this is what has been troubling him since the past day?

"No," she said in a serious tone and enjoyed when his face dropped, "I don't feel comfortable in your company, Sam. I feel like I'm at home" shifting a little bit in her seat and looked at him. If he had this doubt she wanted to clear it out as fast as possible, "When I am with you, I feel free. Like I can talk anytime and know that you won't judge me. Where I can voice out my fears, insecurities, and everything else. When I am with you, I feel like I found myself a secret Oasis Sam. A place where I have no worries. I enjoy being with you  and I hope you too because you aren't get rid of me soon Sam." 

She still remembered the look she had on his face. He looked like someone gave him back his most precious blanket from his childhood.

He looked at her and opened his mouth to say something but then closed it when he couldn't form any words.