A Thoughtful Morning

After the little but important realization, it was pretty hard for Chrissy to not think about Mr. Hazel-eyes.

She would sit on her balcony and look longingly in the woods for hours at a stretch, thinking and imagining hypothetical situations where they would meet again.

Chrissy had not yet told Abby about it so she could not even call up the girl. She didn't want to talk to any of her friends from her previous school. Despite her past friends acting all innocent in front of everyone, Chrissy knew better. She swore to never talk to them.

Chrissy considered talking to her mom. But decided against it when she realized that her mom would go as far as to plan a wedding and family for her. Chrissy's mother was what every teenager would call 'cool'.

Chrissy just wished for a normal mother who acted normal with her, but was happy to get a 'super-cool, 'one-of-a-kind' mother, her friends claimed her to be.

Surprisingly, Chrissy found herself very comfortable and at ease with her classmates. All were friendly enough to her except for a few, who she reckoned needed time to mingle up.

During Political Science class most of the students were busy either doodling or staining their book with drool. Abby stays beside Chrissy staring out at the board with a blank expression as if that might help her understand the topic the professor was teaching. Thankfully the professor was one of those people who did not care if the class is paying attention or not, but continued teaching. Chrissy sat there thinking of her return train where she might meet or see him again.

***********************************

He did not know what was happening to him today. He felt uneasy and it concerned him to no end. He had missed his early train because his stupid sister had snoozed off his alarm before he could even wake up.

All these years it was an annoying task for him to get up earlier than needed and go to university. His friends had forced him to go early with them so that they could hang out before classes started.

He and his friends were the 'Golden Clique' of Denver University, as some would like to call them. He thought that maybe after graduating from High school there would be a change in the thinking of students. Clearly, he was wrong. Neither did the students leave the high school stereotypical groups, nor did they learn to mind their own business.

Despite everyone knowing that Keith Millers, Adam Dowell, Samuel Furtado, and Dylan Scott are the only people of the so-called 'Golden Clique', there were many people who wished to be a  part of our group. Some with genuine reasons, the rest wanting a part of that pretentious fame.

His sister, Ashley Furtado was the one who came up with the above theory. She was also the one to inform the boys about their newly acquired name. However, Ashley was still in high school so he knew that she would be safe from this unneeded spotlight. At least for some time.

He leaned back on his chair, droning out his friends who were busy playing video games. His thoughts drifting over to the girl he saw on the train nearly a week ago. He knew she was in Ashley's High School by her uniform.

He remembered yesterday's events and a smile appeared on his face. How he had chased her down to give her the scarf she left behind. How he, for the first time, flirted with a girl just like his friends did when they courted the girls they liked. He never imagined himself to ever have a cheerful conversation, let alone trifle with her.

Chrissy. This was the name scribbled on the corners of her scarf. He immediately liked the sound of it.

It was actually Adam who had found her scarf below her seat and when he was about to run to give it to her, Samuel quite shockingly snatched the scarf out of Adam's hand and ran to give it to her. He did not want his friend to go talk to her before even he got a chance.

Samuel was in a trance when after so long he was able to see her up close when she sat next to him. Thankfully she was asleep or else she would have caught him sneaking glances at her. Surprisingly, he found her sleeping form very adorable.

Her school uniform slightly crumpled, soft tendrils of her hair bordering her oval face, mouth slightly ajar, and her head tilted in an awkward position. He sat right next to her before anyone could. Samuel wished that during the entire journey at least once she would get uncomfortable in her position and either lean into him or lay her head on his shoulder. Unfortunately, she did not.

During the entire journey, he kept sneaking glances at her, and many times he caught a whiff of her strawberry and peach flavored shampoo which he suddenly found addictive.

When the train neared the station, his friends had already gone to stand by the doorway, making him unwillingly follow them too. He wanted to wake her up as he knew that they de-board at the same station and when he turned back to go wake her he saw someone already doing it.

Feeling a little disappointed he went back where he stood earlier. It was a little later did Adam come out with her scarf claiming it to be under the seat, did he snatch it from him and ran behind her walking form.

The little words of fun they exchanged made him want to talk to her more. He cursed his sister to mess up with the alarm clock that made him miss his train and her.

Now, he was sitting in the game room impatiently waiting for the time to go back home on the train. Never did he imagine wanting to travel back in the train he initially refused to go in.

-----------*---------*---------*--------*--------*----

I hope you guys are liking it so far!