"You're being useful by staying alive!"

"I've literally been impaled and survived. This is the equivalent of a bruise," I chuckled, hiding the pain.

The dark-haired boy shook his head. "Fine. But stay low."

"Got it, boss."

As a guard advanced closer I let out a ragged breath. I waited until I saw the first part of their helmet appear before firing. It took a few seconds for the ball of sparks to race through the air. In that time the guard has raised up more from the barrier so I had the perfect target. I smiled as they fell back onto the ground and lit up with electricity.

I felt more adrenaline rush through my body, I felt invincible

"We've got to get to the Berg now!" I heard Jorge yell. "We have to make a break for it, there's no other way. We're way too outnumbered. Get as close as you can, then run. Oh, and take out as many as these suckers as you can along the way."

"Can you make it?" Minho asked me.

I nodded. "I think so."

We were already as close as we could get to the Berg. All we had to do was run. Seems simple, right? Wrong. My body was already shaking with pain and adrenaline. And I had to run for my life. But I had to do it.

Minho and I both fired a couple more shots. "On the count of three, we run," said Minho.

"Okay."

"One... two ... three!"

We both took off in a dead sprint. I kept up with Minho at first, but I quickly began to fall behind. The distance between me and the Berg seemed to get longer and longer. I dropped my Launcher because it felt like an anchor. Soon my legs felt like 100 pound weights. Minho was already on the Berg when I collapsed to the ground. It was getting hard to breath, I was gasping for air.

"Anne!" Minho yelled so loudly the whole world could hear.

I saw Jorge above me, he fired a shot behind him before bending down to pick me up. "I've got her! Get inside!"

I felt my body raise off the ground. I couldn't move my limbs. I was a doll, filled with cotton and nightmares. My cotton was spilling out in the form of blood. I was at the mercy of the man whose arms gripped me tightly. I began to see the stars. They were beautiful. Did we go outside? No... no we were inside the hanger. We were going to the Berg.

I felt like I was floating now. I was floating on clouds in the open sky. Nothing could hurt me because I felt no pain. Was I in heaven? I looked around and I saw my brother. He had the big, toothy grin with his chubby, rosy cheeks that I missed so dearly.

"Chuck!" I cried

"Chuck!" I cried. I began to run across the clouds toward him. He opened his arms to hug me. We embraced each other. I never wanted to let go of my brother.

"Anne, wake up," he said.

I looked at him with a confused face. "What? Why? I want to stay with you!"

"Anne, wake up," Chuck repeated.

I touched his brown curls before hugging him again. I felt myself being pulled away. Chuck stood still as an invisible force dragged me back. My brother started becoming farther and farther away from me. I cried as I tried to fight my way back to him. But he just stood there smiling.

"Chuck!" I screamed as a bright light filled my vision.

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

Miss you Chuck. 😢

~Remember to vote and comment!~