Three: Now Give Me a Spoon, You Monster

⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜

"Guess what!" a young boy of about ten years exclaimed, sitting down next to his friend at lunch.

"What?" she asked stuffing her mouth with a sandwich.

"I met him today," he explained, while opening his red lunch box, "My soulmate."

"Cool..." she answered, her thoughts somewhere else, "Wait. WHAT?" she sprung up surprised.

"I met him today. We were getting off the bus in the morning and I bumped into him," he started telling his story slowly.

"AND?" the little girl was now yelling impatiently, the whole cafeteria staring at her.

"He's nice," he teased, knowing all too well what his friend wanted to hear, "Oh, and the sky is beautiful."

"So, it's true? You can see it?" she plopped down in her seat in disbelief.

"Yes. It's the prettiest thing I've ever seen," he said almost indifferently.

"How. Are. You. So. CALM?" she screamed at him once again.

"I don't know, I sort of expected it, when I saw him," he answered, taking a big bite out of his sandwich.

The girl's mind went wild with thoughts. She was so happy for her friend, but also wondered how it could have happened so fast.

"What do you have there?" his voice brought her out of her daydream.

"Um," she followed his line of sight and frowned, when she saw the book he was talking about on the table, "Math."

"Do you need help with that?"

"Of course..."

⚜ ⚜ ⚜

"Ophelia!" a voice shot threw the crowded hallway, "Fel! Wait up!"

Adam was sprinting down the corridor, pushing through the crowd, trying to catch up with the girl. She had her headphones on, as usual, listening to some light pop music, a spring in her step. When her friend reached her swinging his hand around her shoulder, Ophelia jumped and quickly turned around.

"Adam! What the hell? What did I say about surprises?" she frowned, her heart still beating like crazy.

"You hate them," he stated the obvious, a smirk on his face.

"And you."

"Yep, you definitely hate me," he laughed, hugging her closer to his side, "So, about that math test. Do you still need my help?"

Ophelia felt like she was electrified when she heard the word "math". Chills ran down her spine, and drops of sweat formed on her forehead as she thought about the upcoming test.

"Yeah, I really need your help," she looked up at Adam pleadingly.

"Sure. One thing, though. You'll call me a genius for a week," he said with a shit-eating grin.

The girl scoffed and thought whether she really needed his help.

"Fine."

Ophelia was that desperate.