Yellow Saree

Hello Everyone!!

I know you guys are missing me and my stories..But I'm really sorry I couldn'tr able to make up to you guys these days..Plz forgive me...

And this story is for my sweet and cute Roma di..The strongest women I have ever seen in my life...Di cheers to you spirits....

Happy Birthday 

Love you to the moon and back!!!

-*************************

"To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness."

-Robert Brault

****************************************************

Rehan Pov

I was driving home from a party late night, must be about 11. It was raining cats & dogs outside, but i felt in no hurry. Usually i take a drink or two only, but that night i was 6-pegs down and still had a half-full bottle of black label besides me. Suddenly there was a loud bang from the skies above and it looked like rain-gods were very angry with me drinking today. I lost slight balance of steering wheel due to that noise and bursted on the roadside pavement.

My car had an accident but that wasn't the worrying part. Because of me, or so I felt, a scooter ahead was also hit and was seen lying with the pavement. Next to it, fallen, was a young woman wearing yellow saree with her head facing the road. I thought she had become unconscious or something worse has happened! I started stepping out of my car immediately to help her, but then i saw a lot of people approaching us out of nowhere. I felt weak, I felt guilty and therefore put my car in reverse motion, increased its speed and rushed off from the scene.

I couldn't sleep that night. "The accident happened at Shankar Road so they must have taken her either to Ganga Ram Hospital or RML." I thought and mentally made a note to check-up these 2 places the next day.

"Hello. RML Hospital. How may I help you?" A bored lady quipped as I called there next morning. I had already learnt that the other hospital had no such patient admitted last night.

"Hi Madam. Err, umm I wanted to check if there was any lady admitted last night?"

"There were 100s of patients admitted. What do you want to know?"

"No, no madam. I mean, this lady, yellow saree, my..my.. she had an accident.."

"Are you her husband?" her voice raised.

"Yes I am. I am her husband.. Is she there in your hospital?"

"Haan Sir. Aap jaldi aa jaiye.( Yes sir, Plaese come immediately ) There is no one with her here and we are only able to extend basic assistances till someone comes from her family..."

Next thing I knew, I was there with a bouquet of flowers in my hands, standing outside her room. i had planned to apologize after testing the situation only, otherwise would fake as if i am there to meet some other patient since that room had 4-5 beds.

When i entered, i was dumbstruck. the lady whom i had hit was sitting on the bed, with a big bandage over her eyes, and crying. Although there was a nurse standing next to her, she was doing very little to pacify her. Maybe it was an everyday sight for her, but i couldn't help asking,