seventh year | school

Adjusting to student life was hard, considering Katie had her NEWT exams in four months, more or less. It was made better by Quidditch, though. 

Katie was so glad to be back on the team, and back on the field. So much that Harry had to almost restrain her. 
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa," he exclaimed, grabbing her sleeve to pull her back. "Are you sure it's okay for you to play?" 
"Yeah, sure" Katie replied, waving a hand. "What's the worst that could happen?" Harry put a hand to his forehead. 
"Are you kidding me?" he mumbled. "You just came out of hospital!" 
"See? All good now!" 
"Are you sure you feel okay?" Harry checked. 
"Yeah, now let's go; that cup won't win itself."

On the other hand, people wanted to know what the heck had happened. If it was not for Peter, Katie would've probably thrashed the next person who asked. 
"Katie, you can't do that," he reprimanded, after she had thrown her pen at Cormac McLaggen.
"I can't help it!" she exclaimed, waving her hands in the air. "It's so annoying! No one wants to know if I'm okay, no; they just want to gossip!" 
"That doesn't mean you can chuck stuff at them." After dealing with Katie for many years, she was surprised that he even managed to stay calm. 
"No buts. Don't do it." 
"Kay," she said, rather dejectedly. 

After a month of having to deal with everyone, though, Katie was back in the mix, and instead, the only thing that loomed over her head was her exams. Missing out on around three months of schoolwork was going to affect her results a lot. Katie had to pull herself together (literally) if she wanted to do better than Kara. 
"I can't believe it," she told Peter one night. "I mean, a few more months, and then we're never coming back to this place." 
"You know, now that I think about it, that's kind of depressing," Peter replied, frowning. "We've had some good times within these walls." 
"It kind of makes me want to cry," Katie continued. "It's just, it feels like we've spent all our lives here." 
"And in four months, we won't be here. It's all over. That's it," Peter added. 
"Wow, you two are depressing," Ava voiced, sitting down with them.