first year | friends

Don't you know, don't you know?
True friends stab you in the front

True Friends//Bring Me The Horizon

Katie was very happy to say she settled into her classes very well. She wasn't happy to say that she became friends with Peter. 

But there was nothing you could do about it. 

Within one month of working together, the two became like siblings to each other. They even looked similar, which caused most of their classmates to mistake them for cousins (whilst Katie's surname was Bell, Peter's was Bekan). This worked perfectly well for them, though, as people left them alone. It meant that Katie wouldn't have to talk to anyone she didn't know, whilst Peter didn't have to hush Katie up. 

It turned out that Katie's natural defensive mechanism was sarcasm, followed by some kind of an insult. Whilst she wouldn't hurt a fly, there wasn't any filter between Katie's brain and Katie's mouth that deciphered or thought about what Katie said, so 7/10 times Katie said what was on her mind. The other 3/10 times, Peter was there or she was just too shy to say it. 

But Peter, on the other hand, was the nicest guy on the planet. Katie often wondered why he wasn't in Hufflepuff because Peter would be Hufflepuff's speciality. However, as soon as she thought those thoughts, she remembered that Peter had already punched two people. He said it was an accident, but Katie begged to differ. He had also told Katie that he asked to be in Gryffindor. Katie thought that was strange but didn't comment on it further. 

Katie also gained another friend, a girl who was in their house. She had accidentally walked into the bathroom when Katie was in the shower, and after that, you have to become friends. Otherwise, it would be extremely awkward and Katie dealt with enough of that during her daily life. This friend was called Ava, and she too was extremely sweet. She was also very lazy and needed quite a bit of help with her homework. 

So Katie had two very close friends, as well as Alicia and Angelina. She didn't get to see the two other girls, though, as they may be in the same house, but they had different timetables, and that made it hard to see each other. But Katie made point of spending time with them, as well as two of their friends, who were twins. These two boys were twins, and both Peter and Ava were fine with spending time with them. Fred and George were pranksters, and Katie was the one who ended up subject to their pranks instead of her other friends because she was easier to prank. Katie believed this was why Ava and Peter were fine with them, as it made them laugh, but they both kept denying it. 

But Katie didn't care, because for once in her life, she felt genuinely happy. Not like she was being doubted, or being used. She just had friends, and that was enough. But it was a different story with Kara. 

Apparently, Kara didn't think any house but Ravenclaw was good for her standards, and as Katie was in Gryffindor this did not fit kindly with her schedule. And apparently, being her sister wasn't enough either, so Kara had stopped talking to Katie completely. Katie felt completely hurt by this, and just didn't get why it was her image over her family. 

Katie had also been sending letters to her parents, although she hadn't said anything about her house or her sister. Instead, she talked about her lessons, and her friends and the food. 

Oh, the food. If there was one thing that Peter and Katie could agree on, it was cheesecake. 

But, Katie was happy. And, for now, that's all that mattered. 

(Sorry it's short, I have writers block. Again.)