first year | home

Cause they say home is where your heart is set in stone
Is where you go when you're alone
Is where you go to rest your bones

Home//Gabrielle Aplin

//

Sorry this is short. Major writer's block.

//

After a year of hard work, Katie was happy to go home. She loved Hogwarts, but there was something about it that wasn't home. 

All the same, she wasn't really looking forward to going home. She had found out in a (very angry) letter that her parents knew what house she was in, and though at the start of the year her mother might have not, she cared now. Her dad was still fine, however, because Kate had always been his favourite child. Not that he was allowed favourites, of course. Not at all. 

But Katie still had this nervous feeling in her stomach, and, for the first time, she couldn't go to Kara about it. Which meant she'd had to suck up and see.

She walked off the train and said goodbye to Angelina and Alicia. She felt like sitting next to them on the train was going to be some sort of a tradition now, even though they were a year older. They had also made her promise to try out for Chaser next year for the Gryffindor Quidditch Team; they had discovered she could play when she came to one of their training sessions. 

She immediately saw her dad, but only because he was so tall, as she drew closer to her parents, she saw that Kara was already there. Instead of looking at her sister, though, Katie ran straight into her Dad's arms. "Pa!" she lightly shouted, as she had already attracted enough attention from running. 
"Katie! I missed you," her dad replied, smiling and hugging her tightly. 
"I missed you too, Pa." 
"Well, you must tell me everything. Everything!" Katie giggled at her dad's hyperness. She definitely missed him. But then she heard the cough of her mother, and that's when Katie could sense her happiness wasn't going to last. 

As soon as they got home, Katie's mother exploded on her. "Gryffindor, huh? Out of all the houses, Gryffindor?" Katie did her best to look taken aback. 
"What's wrong with Gryffindor?" 
"Everything!" Katie raised her eyebrows, whilst her dad went to stand by her mother. 
"Melissa, calm down." 
"Jack, you know what happened." 
"Yes, but she's your daughter."