fourth year | oliver wood

Sorry I disappeared. I hope you enjoy this chapter! It was really difficult to write, though. 

//

It was the last game of the year, and the tension was high. 

Due to not being able to play Slytherin earlier on in the year, the team would play them now. This meant that Oliver was training them harder than ever, and Katie did not appreciate it, nor the other two girls. Alicia said she could be studying, and Angelina called him some things that made Katie scold her. 

The training sessions also meant that Katie was seeing less and less of Peter and Ava. Peter said that he was being neglected; Ava said that he was being a drama queen. Because Katie wasn't around a lot, Peter and Ava were stuck together and Ava felt that Peter was attacking her personally, but Peter said he was trying to get to know her. Katie told them it wouldn't be long before they were back together. She often thought about pulling a sickie, but she was sure that Oliver would know the truth.

The final match meant a lot to Wood, as it was his last chance to win. This meant everyone had to be on their top form. Therefore, he was training everyone harder than ever, but Harry and Katie even more. Harry was their golden ball, and Oliver had told Katie plenty of times that she was their "lucky charm". More often than not, this made Katie blush very much. Alicia and Angelina quickly picked up on this and had started to tease her about it. 

On their last night of training before the match, Wood made them have a team talk. "We've got this in the bag, as long as we play like we've trained. You've all been training so hard, and I'm proud. Fred, George, you're both cracking Beaters, couldn't ask for any better." 
"Why, thank you, Oliver," Fred said. 
"Angelina, Alicia, Katie, I don't think I've ever seen any other Chasers that play as well as any of you, especially you, Katie. You've done me proud, ladies." Katie blushed, and let her hair fall over her face. "And Harry, you've done so well. Being the youngest Seeker, you've never failed us, well done, lad." 
"Don't forget yourself, Ollie. You've done really well, not just at being a Keeper, but being Captain. If you weren't so devoted, we wouldn't be where we are right now," Katie said, finally overcome her blush. The rest of the team nodded in agreement, with Alicia pulling out some chocolate, Fred with some flowers, and Harry with a card. Now, it was Oliver's turn to blush. 
"Thank you, Katie. And the rest of you. May you guys do well in your future years." 
"And you, Ollie." 

That evening, the tension in the common room was high. Everyone was nervous, and it was loud. Fred and George were letting off steam by being louder than ever, Katie believed Harry was hiding somewhere and next to herself, Oliver had a pitch with little figures that looked like the team that he was prodding. Katie was sad to say that hers was very tiny. Angelina and Alicia were laughing at the twins' jokes. And Katie herself just wanted to sleep. She had her legs over Alicia (she couldn't quite reach Angelina) and her head was sort of on Oliver, although she was trying to avoid putting it on him. She really wanted to be with Ava and Peter right now, but they'd gone somewhere. If Katie didn't know better, she would have said it was a date. But she did want to know why they'd gone off alone. 

OLIVER'S POV 

Katie had fallen asleep on him. Well, not entirely on him, like Kira Manley had tried once, but her head was on his shoulder. The rest of her was on Alicia and a gap on the sofa. He wasn't entirely sure how she could stay asleep, especially with all the noise, but she was doing it. Although, Oliver supposed he'd worked them really hard today. They had to win this match, as it was his last chance. And, if he won this, he'd get onto the Puddlemere United Team. He hadn't told anyone about this, only because it wouldn't happen if they lost. 

Currently, he was poking around figures to make different ideas of how the match would go. He was moving Katie and Harry around quite a lot, but that was only because they were the best players on the team. Not that he should pick favourites. But Harry was the best Seeker ever, and Katie was an amazing Chaser. 

When he discovered who her dad was, Oliver immediately wanted her on the team. He still did not know, to this day, where Alicia and Angelina had found her, but he was glad they did. Katie was the best Chaser at the school, and maybe even better than some of the pros. However, when he asked if she wanted to carry on with Quidditch, she shook her head. 
"I want to go somewhere in St. Mungo's," she said. "Be useful." 
"You are useful," he wanted to say. Although he didn't say that. But Oliver could come up with a good few things- for example, she was excellent at scoring, and (she didn't know this) could keep Oliver's mind off Quidditch. 

Oliver knew it was terrible, but he did have a crush on Katie. It wasn't like she was that much younger, only about four years below him. But she was very pretty, and a great person. In fact, Oliver found himself seriously jealous of her male friend (Pete? Peter?) even though he knew for a fact that he was dating Katie's other friend (Avery? Amanda?). 

Oliver often wondered why boys didn't go after her often. If Oliver was in her year, he'd pretty much trail her like a lost puppy. Maybe to them, she was untouchable. He was pretty sure that her male friend (He was 60% sure it was Peter) had scared boys away, though. He caught the looks he gave to pretty much any boy that looked her way. Including Oliver. 

In any case, Oliver would have to make his move soon, or he wouldn't get a chance at all.