Chapter 10

Jake's POV
    I was half-way to my house, when my phone dinged. The noise startled me, causing me to swerve on my skateboard and hit a rock. I landed on my face on the cement and winced.
    I pulled out my phone to see a message from Veronica.

Veronica—Jake
Hey Jakey! Al's parents really want to meet you, so you should come back.

    I rolled my eyes, put the phone back in my pocket, and grabbed my board. I had hardly taken three steps when my phone dinged again. Sighing, I opened another message from Veronica.

Veronica—Jake
You'll want to come back.

    I sighed in defeat and turned around, heading back the way I had come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    There was an awkward silence. Alexandra's parents stared at me, Alexandra seemed to find the floor extremely interesting, and Veronica was in her own world. Her dad broke it by bluntly asking,"Are you and my daughter dating?"
    I could feel the heat rising to my face, and I shook my head. Her parents looked relieved. "Well then, now that that's cleared up, I believe that you need to get home!" He checked his watch. "I'll give you a ride."
    "N-No that's fine. I-I don't need—"
    He interrupted me. "No, I will give you a ride and that's final." I shot Alexandra a look, and she shrugged. Mr. Sarns grabbed my shoulder and began pulling be towards the garage, forcing me to stumble after him. The gesture seemed kind, but his grip on my arm seemed a bit tighter than it normally should have.
    "Get in the passenger's side," he grumbled and I quickly complied. He started up the engine and pulled out of the garage. I shot a side-glance at him to find him staring at me. I gulped and looked away.
    "My house is—"
    "I don't care where your house is."
    I looked at him, confused. "But aren't you—"
    "No," he interrupted again. "I'm not planning on taking you home. I just need to talk to you, man-to-man." I gulped again.
    "I know you said that you were not dating my daughter, but things change. You may find yourself falling for her, or vise-versa. You are never, and I repeat, never to date her. You hear me? If you do, I will make it my personal job to ruin your life. You will never be successful in your career if you upset me." He glared at me and I nodded quickly. With that he hit the break, causing me to jerk forward, my seatbelt the only thing stopping me from going headfirst into the window. "Get out."
    As I watched as the car rolled away, I realized that I had forgotten my skateboard at the Sarns. Oh well. It's not like I'm going to call her dad back and get threatened again.
    I started walking back to my house, already dreading opening the front door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi everyone! Today just so happens to be my friend/3rd cousin's birthday, so let's all wish him a Happy Birthday! If you are reading this, Ronald, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
~Macaroni