10

AN~ WOW I SUCK AT UPDATING wow this chap was 1903 words and it wasn't done. So second part later tommrow
~~~

.....
Thinking about him
to much, yet he toke action.
We'll see where it goes
.....

Law pov

               It had been about three days since I returned back to my apartment near campus, but there was something I couldn't shake. A call receipt from Eutass Kidd on New Years, 2 a.m. It was impossible for my to recall the reason he had called me, or why I answered seeing we weren't and aren't on speaking terms.

               I couldn't ask Penguin because he would tell Killer, and tell Eutass-ya I was thinking about him. Which I wasn't, at least not in the way they would assume. Yes, I read our text, but I needed to know what I said over the phone. Only God knows what alcohol can do to someone like me. It must have been way out of character, even more so than those text. Curiosity killed the cat, something Corazon told me the first time I got a rash from touching a frog with toxic skin.

             But satisfaction brought it back, right?

             I shook my head rapidly, trying to concentrate on the task at hand. There was a big Anatomy test tommorow, and I had not studied at all back home. Every time I tried, Lammy would barge into my room with an invitation to one of her tea parties.  At first, I said 'no' of course, but it head hard when she would just sigh loudly on my bed. Thank goodness, Corazon never caught me drink lukewarm minute-maid next to Mr. WetNose. Who is actually our dog, Bepo.

                 My face grew hot at the though of wearing that ridiculous crown and feathered scarf. Against my better judgement, I tapped my thumb against the home button, revealing a timed camera photo of Lammy, Bepo, and I all dressed up and squeezed into one of her tiny, purple, plastic chairs.

                Sliding my phone to the other side of the table, I adjusted my glass to continue reading. Quickly, the words became blurred no matter how much I blinked and wiped my glass's lens. Focusing was something I just do, but giving in to daydreaming would be a downward spiral.

                  Okay, it's decided. I was take a 30 minute break to eat and text Kidd out our telephone conversation. If he doesn't respond in those 30 minutes, it was over, done, finished.

                 I sighed defeateedly before texting the  a general 'hello' and setting the salmon to grill. Just enough to I can warm it up for lunch tommorow after the Anatomy test.

Knock! Knock!

                "Weird." I whisper to no one before creeping over to the apartment door. Maybe I should just stay quiet, and let them think no one was home. It's not like they are UPS since I haven't ordered any package. Curiously, I peeped through the look-hole.

                Instantly, my breathe hitched as my back braced up against the wall. Why the hell was Eutass Kidd at my door? How did he even know where I live? A audible groan left my thrift as I recalled the night Kidd had walked me up and slipped him phone number into my back pocket.

              "Ugh, shit." I groaned as another two knocked rang through my apartment. Maybe he just wanted to talk. Talking wasn't something I was good at, but Kidd usually did most of the talking away. Taking a deep breathe, I used the last bit of energy I had to open the door. "What are you doing here?"