~13~

Elliot's POV

I waited in the waiting room with Hanna and Gus. Both of them were sleeping, but Hanna was twitching in her sleep, signifying a nightmare. I gently pushed her brown locks out of her face, and she opened her eyes. 

"Elliot, am I gonna lose my Mommy?" She asked, making me want to cry.

"Hanna, you aren't gonna lose your Mommy." I spoke, quietly.

"But she is sick like Gus' Mommy!" She sobbed, and I pulled the little girl onto my lap and she hugged my neck as she sobbed.

I rubbed her back, and watched as people ran around, yelling commands to each other, trying to save the lives of those who came in. Liv is one of them. I have no idea where they took her, I just know that she needs to live. I can't lose her, and neither can Hanna and Gus.

I looked up after about an hour, and I saw Fin come in with Amanda.

"Hey." I breathed, and I picked a now sleeping Hanna up as I stood. Amanda reached out and peeled Hanna off me and cuddled her close, before Fin sighed.

"How is she?" Fin asked, and I shrugged.

"No one has told me anything." I breathed. I turned around to look at Gus, who was still sleeping.

"Want me to take them to my place? I can watch them." Amanda offered, and I shook my head.

"Thanks, but Lucy is picking them up. She is going to take them to my place since they have school tomorrow." I replied, and they nodded.

"Well, try and find something out. I'll sit here with the kids." Amanda spoke. 

Fin and I walked towards the nurses station, and waited till one of them noticed us.

"How can I help you two?" She asked, and I frowned.

"I brought my girlfriend in, and I haven't heard anything about what is happening with her." I sighed.

"Name?" She asked.

"Olivia Benson." I replied.

She typed her name into the computer before speaking.

"She is in the ICU." She replied, and my breath was caught in my throat.

"What happened?" I asked quietly.

"I'm not at liberty to say. When they decide to talk to you, then you'll know." She replied, and that set me and Fin off.

"Okay, I'm her partner. She is a Detective for Manhattan SVU. We need to know what is happening." Fin spat.

"I'll call security if you aren't going to be calm." She spoke, and I frowned. I turned and headed back to the kids.

Amanda looked at me and frowned.

"Nothing?"

"Absolutely fucking nothing." I sighed. I sat down and pulled Gus onto my lap. I held me son as tears filled my eyes. All I wanted was to know if Liv was dying or not.

"We did find out that she is in the ICU." Fin spoke, and I saw the doors open, and Liv's babysitter walked in.

"Hey Lucy. Thanks for coming down." I spoke, and she nodded.

"It is no problem. Do you have a spare key to your house?" She asked, and I nodded. I gave her my house key, since I had Liv's keys to. 

Amanda and I took the kids out to Lucy's car and put them in. I thanked Lucy again, then Amanda and I stood in the cold and watched her drive away.

"I'm kinda freaking out." Amanda breathed, and I nodded.

"Yeah, I know. I'm freaking out too." I sighed. She looked at me and I saw tears fill her eyes.

"Amanda." I breathed, and she laughed, trying to ease the heaviness that had settled over us, but it didn't work. I pulled her into my arms and she cried quietly. I breathed slowly as I rubbed her back.

"She's my best friend. I've never had someone take so much shit for me. I hate seeing her like this." She cried, and I placed my cheek to the top of her head and sighed softly.

"I know how you feel. I was her partner for so many years, and I watched her get her ass chewed because I was a fucking idiot. She's stubborn and strong. She isn't going to die." I spoke, but I faltered at the end.

I was fucking scared. Ever since Kelly died, I had accepted my fate. I was just gonna be Gus' father, and nothing more. I wasn't going to marry anyone, and I wasn't going back to SVU, but now I found Olivia again. I fell in love with her, and I never thought that I would be happy again. 

Now she has cancer. She is having health issues that I never thought Liv would have. I never thought that I would be helping her raise her daughter, and she was helping me raise my son. Now I'm scared that she isn't going to make it. Hanna will not have a parent left, and the hole in my heart will be giant.

"We should go back inside." Amanda whispered, and I nodded.

"Are you okay?" I asked, and she nodded slowly.

"I'm fine. Thanks though, Elliot. I guess you aren't a dick like Fin said."

---

Olivia's POV

I coughed loudly, making my chest hurt like hell. I opened my eyes and looked at my hand, that was now speckled with blood.

"Ms. Benson, are you alright?" A nurse asked, as she poked her head in my door. I swallowed hard yet nodded.

"I think. Can I have something to clean this up?" I asked, showing her my hand, and she frowned.

"I'll get a doctor." She spoke, and I rolled my eyes.

I ran my clean hand over my face, and felt oxygen nubbins in my nose and I sighed.

It must be back.

"Olivia, I heard you are still coughing up blood?" Dr. Morris asked, and I sighed.

"Unless my spit is magically red." I spoke. I started to cough again, and he helped me sit up. He put a cloth in front of my mouth and frowned.

"Olivia, I have some bad news." He spoke, and I shook my head.

"My cancer is back, isn't it?" I questioned, and he frowned.

"We are starting chemo and radiation again. I'm giving you a few days to get stronger, and we need to go in and clean the clots out, but we are going to help you fight this again." She spoke, and I frowned.

"Well, it's a good thing that my hair hasn't grown back yet."

Hey guys, thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback. Also please check out my SVU One Shots book, and comment to help me get chapters going. Thanks! :D <3