~2~

Olivia's POV

After working a hard day, I barely managed to get out in time to pick up Hanna. I left the precinct quickly, and drove to Washington Elementary School. I pulled up just as the kids ran from the school, and I climbed out. I stood by a pillar, and waited for my little girl to run out, and when she finally did, she was holding hands with this little boy, dark blonde hair and bright blue eyes, ones that looked so familiar to me.

"Hanna!" I exclaimed, and she looked at me and smiled largely.

"Mommy! I missed you!" She cried, as she dropped the little boy's hand and ran to me. I picked her up and cuddled her close, and she pulled away and smiled at me.

"Mommy, this is my best friend, Gus!" She exclaimed, as I sat her on her feet. She ran over to the little boy, and pulled him over to me. I smiled and squatted down, and shook his hand and smiled.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you, Gus. Hanna, say goodbye, we have to get going." I spoke, and she nodded. She hugged Gus, and I heard Gus's name called. I stood and smoothed my pants, and when I turned to see who was walking towards us, my heart beat quickened, and I stared at the handsome man walking towards us.

"Sorry about my son, he really likes making new friends." he spoke, glancing at me, and I nodded slowly. He didn't even realize who I was.

"My daughter is the same way. Um, Hanna, love we have to get home." I smiled.

"Can't I play with Gus on the playground?" She questioned, and I bit my lip.

"Well, um, Miss?" he spoke.

"Benson." I breathed, and he looked at me, realizing who he was talking to.

"Ms. Benson, I'm free for a little bit, maybe a half hour and the kids can play a bit longer." He stated, and I looked at my daughter. She was looking at me with her large brown eyes, and I sighed.

"Alright, I guess." I stated.

---

Elliot and I sat next to each other on a bench, watching our children run around.

"So, Olivia Benson has a daughter?" Elliot chuckled, and I nodded slowly.

"Yeah, and Elliot Stabler finally settled down and started a family." I smiled. He nodded slowly, just like I had, and we stared at the kids.

"How have you been, Liv?" He spoke, using my nickname, which brought back every memory from the past.

"I've been okay. Really enjoying motherhood though." I stated, and he nodded.

"Being a father is pretty awesome. So who is the lucky man that married you?" He questioned.

"Um, well..." I trailed off.

"Is it that damn Brian Cassidy?" he laughed, as he brought up the man I dated when I started SVU.

"No. Martin Long. We got married, had Hanna, then something happened..." I trailed off.

"Liv, you can tell me anything." he spoke, and I frowned.

"He died in a head on collision with another vehicle. Hanna was only 3 months old." I breathed, as tears grew in my eyes. I played with my wedding band and swallowed hard.

"I'm so sorry, Liv." he replied slowly.

"It's fine. Almost 6 years ago. What about your wife?"

"Well, her name was Kelly. She died of brain cancer two years ago." he whispered, and I frowned.

"El-" I started, and he shook his head.

"Gus, we gotta get going!" Elliot called standing up. I bit my lip, as I felt him push me out of his life once again.

"It was nice talking to you, Elliot." I breathed. 

"Same to you, Liv." He spoke. Our kids ran up, and we held their hands and walked towards our respective cars. 

Well doesn't this screw everything up.

---

Elliot's POV

Seeing Liv brought back all of the memories and feelings that I had stuffed down when I left SVU. 

"Daddy, what are we gonna have for dinner?" Gus asked as he ran out into the kitchen. I had been going through our mail. His question brought me back from my thoughts.

"What do you want, little man?" I asked, using the nickname that Kelly was so fond of. She started calling him that even before he was born, it was adorable.

"Chicken!" He exclaimed, and I laughed.

"So what we had last night?" I teased, and he nodded.

"Can we have chicken like Mommy used to make it?" He asked, and I wanted to start crying on the spot.

"You want it with that fancy dinosaur mac'n'cheese?" I asked, and he nodded. I smiled and picked him up and sat him on the counter.

"If I'm making you dinner, you are gonna help, alright?" I asked, and he nodded in agreement.

"I think I can help you real good, Daddy!" He squealed.

---

After dinner, and giving Gus a bath, I put him down for the night, and I went out and researched Liv.

She had become Sergeant and of course had been married. I found a picture that announced their engagement, and in the picture, her face and eyes were full of happiness. That was the Liv I missed.

Then I found a picture of Hanna on the newspaper's website. Right next to a picture of Gus. They were born only two weeks apart, and I didn't even realize that when I had went through the newspaper to find Gus's picture, that the little girl next to him had Olivia Benson stated as her mother.

If you miss her, reconnect.

I heard my wife's voice in my head, and I swallowed hard.

"Kelly, I can't just push you from my head and heart." I whimpered, and I quickly pushed a tear from my cheek.

I don't want you to be lonely forever, Elliot. Hanna makes Gus happy, and Olivia can make you happy too.

"I can't stop loving you, Kelly." I whimpered again, this time breaking down into sobs. I hung my head, and I hated myself when I woke up Gus. I felt his small hand on my arm, and I swallowed hard.

"Little man, what are you doing up?" I asked, as I flicked tears from my cheeks.

"I heard you crying, Daddy. Are you thinking about Mommy?" he asked. I frowned and reached for my son. I pulled him onto my lap, and mussed up his hair.

"Buddy, I miss her." I breathed.

"I miss her too, Daddy. I wish she wouldn't have left." he frowned.

"I know. Let's go to bed, little man." I spoke. I kissed his forehead, before picking him up and taking him into his bedroom. I watched as he fell asleep, and saw Kelly in every single feature of my son. I missed my wife, but maybe she is right. Maybe I need to move on.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote/comment/share. Please comment your feedback! Thanks for the support! :D