Chapter 28: Business

Start from the beginning

"Hey dollface." He grinned. "Sorry, thought you's were one of the boys. Come in."

Spot turned around and went over to the sink. I then saw him washing his hands under the sink, but they were red stained, it looked like blood.

"What happened to your hands?" I asked, surprised.

"Business." Spot said.

"Spot Conlon, why is there blood on yous hands?" I crossed my arms and stood next to him.

Spot just pushed off the question. "Nothin', trust me, all is good."

He continued to try and wipe the red off his hands. I grabbed a wash cloth, wet it under the water, and began scrubbing his hands. We didn't talk for about 2 minutes as I worked on his hands. Most of the blood was off. 

"Thanks sweetface." Spot said, drying his hands off with a towel. He turned around and grabbed a new shirt from his dresser. The one he was wearing also had some blood on it. I walked over to him and got close. I wrapped my hands around his waist from the back and rested my head on his shoulder.

"So, yous ready to tell me what this is now?" I asked.

Spot shrugged. "Let's just say, that someone I know did a terrible thing, and they paid for it."

"Was it Harry?"

Spot stayed silent as he unbuttoned his shirt, revealing his chest.

"Spot?" I said, more harshly. 

"Yes Finley, it was Harry." Spot told me. "He hurt ya Finn, I could not let that slide."

"How bad?"

"Huh?"

"How bad did he look aftawards?" I asked.

Spot lifted up his hands showing them to me. "Did ya see how much blood was on my hands? Don't worry, he knows neva to come near ya again, that's a fact."

"Spot." I complained.

"What?" He said.

"Yeah, I's know what he did to me was bad, but ya didn't have to beat the kid to the verge of death." I told him.

"Finley, he got what he deserved." Spot pulled off his current shirt and picked up the other, sliding his arms into the sleeves.

I sighed. "Spot, it was done, ova wit. I's fine, see." Pointing to me. Spot looked at me then shook his head. 

"He hurt ya Finn!" He started to raise his voice.

He began to button his shirt. I pushed his hands away and started buttoning them for him. Spot's eyes were locked on me. I was looking down at his shirt but I could see out of the corner of my eye. He then lifted his hands and caressed my face. I looked up at him.

"Finley, he hurt ya, and, that ain't acceptable. It's my fault too, I's should have known someone was goin' to do somethin' to ya jus because yous my goil." He looked away but kept his hands on my face. I finished buttoning his shirt and smoothed it out. 

"He, he coulda killed ya." Spot said. "And then what would I's do wit meself. And it would be all my fault..."

Spot's eyes began to water. I saw this and then realized how much he really cared about me. He was really upset. I brought my hands up around his neck and pulled myself close to him.

"It's okay Spot, I's here, I's okay." I began to comfort him.

"I's promise Finley, no one will eva hurt you again." Spot told me.