Chapter Twenty Eight - Your Own Worst Enemy

The sunlight was starting to peek through the blinds in our hotel room. Joe must have left for training as the bed was empty unless I'd dreamed the whole thing. I rolled over to my bedside table to reach for my phone.

*6 notifications*

Mel: What happened last night!

Mel: People are saying you and Joe had an argument!

Mel: Get your lazy ass out of bed!

The last one was from five mins ago, so no doubt she'll already be on her way here.

Fraser: Do I need to kick his ass?

My mum had tagged me in something on Facebook... She'd taken Harry to the duck pond yesterday and posted photos, then she'd sent me a link to a tabloid. Ugh, this is never good.

The Sun

Could this be the end of the end to the rocky romance between Englands Joe Hart and Model Holly Forster as the couple looked rather awkward at last nights Charity Gala. The couple hasn't been seen together since Joe left for Italy a few months ago. A friend of the couple commented that the pair were seen arguing on a balcony before quickly leaving. Joe's lady friend Valentina Rossi was also seen attending the event. Could this be the end of the happy couple? Holly is currently with the England team as they prepare for upcoming games in the world cup qualifiers.

Ugh, the press is ridiculous! who is this alleged friend? most likely this Valentina women. I was about to hide away under my duvet when there was a knock at my hotel room. I shuffled out of bed and walked over to the door, I knew who it would be before I opened the door.

"Morning" as Mel's cheery tone filled the room.

I made some weird noise that didn't really sound like an actual word.

"What's happened?" as she patted the bed beside her signalling me to sit next to her.

"Nothing, just yet more silly stories" as I flopped backwards.

"What have I told you about reading silly news articles!"

"I didn't go looking for it, the whole world knows my relationship is shit!"

"So why are you wearing that?" as she looked at the top I was wearing.

"Habit"

"Habit my arse! you slept with him didn't you!" as she nudged my leg.

"No, we agreed to take things slowly" as I sat up

"Slowly? do you two even know what that is?"

I shot her a death glare.

"Anyway, shower and get dressed am craving breakfast!" as she pushed me up off the bed.

I got showered and dressed and obeyed my orders to go get breakfast, but I wasn't hungry instead I just pushed fruit around my bowl.

"If you've sorted things out, why do you look so miserable" as Mel took a huge bite of toast.

"I don't think I should be here" as I looked down into my bowl of fruit.

"Of course you should! Joe would be crushed if you left"

"Would he" I sighed

"Okay, what aren't you telling me" as she put down her toast.

I looked over her shoulder to see Joe and Fraser heading towards us, looking like the close friends they'd always been, laughing and joking around.