Chapter Eight - Connections

As I got closer to the hospital entrance, I was starting to think that maybe going back in wasn't the best thing for me right now. My mum would be alright she had Fraser. The two most important people to me weren't even in this city. There was no real need for me to stay, as I walked towards the taxi rank.
"Airport please" as I got into the taxi at the front of the queue. Pulling my phone out of my pocket I texted Fraser letting him know I wasn't coming back.

Stood at the entrance of the Hilton hotel in Southampton. He might not even be here, what am I doing? There was a coach parked up loading bags on board then I saw the city badge, the team must be leaving but it's not Tuesday until tomorrow. This didn't make any sense, as I starting looking around for someone I recognised. "Raheem?" As I spotted him in the lobby. Please know who I am. Am not some crazy fan even though I must look a right state. He smiled at me and headed in my direction.
"Holly right?" As he got close enough to me for me to hear him.
"Yeah, am looking for Joe, is he here?"
"Um.. yeah he just got back not long ago" as he looked behind towards the bus.
"You leaving today?" As I asked looking towards the bus.
"Yeah, heading back tonight. Joe's staying until tomorrow" as least Joe's staying until tomorrow after seeing the bus I got a little worried.
"Which room?" As I went to head towards the elevator
"205, second floor"
"Thanks" as I walked to wait for the elevator.

Joe's POV

I'd just had an ear full from Kim about why I wasn't coming back to Manchester tonight. She ranted on and on for at least half an hour, she was really getting on my nerves at the moment. I honestly don't know why I proposed to her, worst decision I've made. Still wasn't ready to tell her about my son but I guess I wouldn't be able to put it off for much longer. I sure wasn't looking forward to that conversation she'd go metal! I was just about to head into the shower when there was a knock at the door. Most likely one of the lads to tell me they were leaving, as I took my top off and threw it onto the chair before walking over towards the door. Not looking at who it was I just opened the door, when I realised no one was coming on I looked up to see who it was.
"Holly?" I was shocked to see her at my door, wait... shouldn't she be with her family.
"Can I come in?" The colour has gone From her face and the normal sparkle from her eyes was missing instead they were red and swollen.
"Yeah" as I stepped to one side to let her in.
"Is everything alright?" I asked while closing the door behind her.
"No" as she started crying, I hated seeing her cry. I didn't even have to think about it I just pulled her into a hug. I didn't say anything I just kept her close to me, rubbing her back while she cried into my chest.

We'd been standing here for a while.
"Do you want to talk about it?" As I guided her over towards the bed.
"Not really" as she sat down on the side of the bed.
"That's okay too, tell me when your ready" as I sat down beside her. I hated seeing her like this, didn't she have enough to deal with. Without the death of her father making thing worse. This is a little bit awkward, neither of us had spoken about what happened last night. Now was most definitely not the time to bring it up. I still wasn't sure what I was going to do. This woman is driving me crazy!

Normal POV

We'd been sat at the side of Joe's bed both staring at the wall not really knowing what to say. I didn't get why Joe had no top on, he looked much better than I remembered. Damn did he have abs? But I don't remember much of that night anyway. Joe started to fidget with his hands.
"I hope my dad meant what he said" I blurted out. Joe turned to face me.
"What did he say?"
"Just that he regretted making me leave and that he was proud of me" I sniffed "then he died... Joe.. why! Why take him away after he apologised! It's not fair!" As I began crying again.
"Hey" as he pulled me against his chest. "At least he got to tell you if he'd of died without telling you. You'd of spent your whole life wondering" I guess he did have a point.
"Why did he make you leave?" Joe then asked.
"Because I was pregnant and wouldn't say who the father was. They didn't want me around so sent me to live with Fraser" I signed that all seems like a life time ago now.
"Why didn't you tell them it was me?"
"They didn't know you, Joe, I didn't... it just felt better to not tell anyone" I shrugged my shoulders "I left Harry with no family, maybe this is my punishment for being selfish"
"No, don't think like that. I'm to blame just as much. I went off about my normal life, I could have come looking for you!" Joe sighed
"We aren't very good at this are we?" I said looking into his green eyes. Please put a top on Joe you're making this too hard for me. Joe smiled "still learning" as he stood up.

"Would you mind if I have a shower?" He then asked.. random question unless that's why he's not wearing a top.
"Sure" as I stood up
"You don't have to go" I tilted my head not really understanding what he meant.
"I won't be long, make yourself at home" as he passed me the tv remote before disappearing into the bathroom. I picked the remote up pressing the power button before flopping down onto the bed. I wasn't paying attention to what was on. Instead, I texted my brother and flicked through social media.

"Seriously watching the main rivals highlights? Your, not some secret United fan?" Joe asked snapping me out of my day dream. United? Rivals? Eh? I looked towards the tv oh!
"Wasn't even aware that was on" as I pointed towards the tv. Looking back at Joe who was just standing with a towel around his waist. What is he trying to do to me, he's a taken man! But I couldn't resist the urge to think about what was under the towel. If only I had a better memory of that night.

"Hmm, I'll let you off then" as he looked through his suitcase that was placed on the floor. I best change the channel, flicking through there wasn't anything better now looks like it's staying as football highlights. I sighed tossing the remote to one side. Then noticed Joe was just wearing a pair of boxers, where did the towel go! But now it was hard not to stare you could see the outline of everything. It was getting warm in here or I was struggling to keep it together. I moved my eyes back to the tv, no idea which match it had moved on too.

I felt the bed dip beside me as Joe got under the duvet.
"Should I leave?" I said just about to get up.
"Do you want to leave?" As he raised an eyebrow at me.
"Not really, don't want to be on my own if am honest" going back to the house all on my own didn't really sound so great and after the day I've had. I'd rather be here right now was taken my mind off everything.
"There are some t shirts in the wardrobe if you want to be more comfortable" as Joe pointed towards the cupboard.
"Not packed yet?" As I left the bed.
"You distracted me" cheeky grin Had made an appearance.
"Hmm" as I stood looking at his T-shirt collection, I couldn't wait to take these high waisted jeans off. I decided on the blue on and headed into the bathroom to get changed. I didn't want to look in the mirror I knew I looked like crap, I didn't need a reminder. Walking back into the room Joe was busy playing with his phone.
"Much better" as I placed my clothes down onto the chair, making my way back over towards the bed.
"That's one my favourite, you have good taste" as he took his eyes away from his phone.
"Is that because it's blue?" As I pulled the duvet back, getting into bed.
"Noooo" as Joe rolled his eyes at me than placing his phone down on the bedside table.
"Where am I going to live?" I asked
"In a house?"
I rolled my eyes at Joe "seriously! I can't move to Manchester and live in my ranger rover!"
"Don't worry I'll sort something out, meeting with an estate agent on Wednesday. I have it sorted. No need to worry your pretty little head" as he winked at me.. not the winking...
"Should we watch a movie?" As Joe flicked through the tv menu.
"Is that really want you want to do?" As I moved closer to him placing my hand on his chest.
"No, this is" as Joe cupped my face with his hand pulling me into a kiss. It was nothing like yesterday's, this time you could feel the passion we'd both tried to ignore. I wasn't going to run away this time I wanted this as much as he did. Without are lips parting I managed to place myself on joes lap. I could feel how badly he wanted me underneath me. As I moan escaped my lips.
"This time we will remember it" as I pulled his t-shirt over my head revealing my naked body as Joe pulled me back into a kiss.

A/N: 🙊😘 oh dear what are they doing 🤔
Thanks for reading ☺️