Chapter Twenty Seven - New Me

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Mel asked with the scissors in her hands.
"Yes, if you don't do it, I will" as I looked at her in the mirror.
"But it's a good 5 inches!"
"Just cut it!" I was losing my patience now we'd been having this debate for a good twenty minutes.
"Okay" as Mel took the scissors to my shoulder height, the first chunk fell to the floor, no going back now. As I closed my eyes, this was a good decision if not it would always grow back or I could wear extensions.
"I said this was a bad decision" as Mel continued to chop my hair off.
"It's not, I just won't look till it's all finished" as I kept my eyes closed.

It didn't take long for Mel to chop all my hair off. It was time to open my eyes. Opening my eyes expecting to see my normal rib length hair, it was chopped to my shoulders. I was quite surprised I liked it change was a good decision.
"Well I take back my earlier statement, you actually really suit it this length... I like it" as she admired her handy work.
"You think Nike will like it?" as I ran my hands through the ends of it.
"Yeah, I think they'll love it" as she began rummaging around in my make up bag.

Ten minutes later, Mel had gone for a natural look as you don't see many sports campaigns covered in makeup, if they wanted to change it am sure we could manage. Walking down to the lobby to meet Zara I felt oddly nervous, I had no idea why they would want to work with me. It's not like am big on the sports scene or worked with them before. Zara was standing waited with two other guys who looked like they'd spend at least an hour styling their hair.
"Love the hair change!" as Zara came over to greet us.
"This is Melody Sanford, my maternity PA assistant" as I introduced Mel
"Call me Mel" as Mel reached to shake her hand.
"Very handy to have you here today, shall we get started" as we headed to one of the many conference rooms.
"We thought we'd do a couple of shots in here and then head outside if that's okay with you?"
"Sounds great" as I was handed my first of many outfits.

I was surprised at how well it was going and how relaxed I was compared to my last shoot.
"You can change into this and well head outside" as she handed me an England shirt and that was in.
"I don't understand?" as I looked at it more confused.
"You know that iconic shot with Tina and Bobby from the sixties" I nodded
"Well, we're doing an updated version just without the footballer, unless you want us to involve your boyfriend?" The boyfriend was he still my boyfriend...
"No it's fine" I didn't need to involve Joe he had enough to deal with and football to focus on. I changed into the England shirt it was just about long enough to cover my bottom thankfully.
"You'll need these!" as Mel handed me my grey suede knee high boots. It was time to debut my look to the whole England team, in just an England shirt that just about covers my bottom and wearing knee high boots. What was I doing.. If its windy one wrong move and they'll all see my bum, brother included.

We were heading towards the goal, but the field was empty. Maybe the team had finished for the day. The photographer one of the fancy haired guys from earlier did a couple of test shots to test lighting and adjust his camera. Lucky it wasn't too cold for it being October but I'd still of liked a jacket or a blanket. I had to pretend the cold wasn't bothering me and just get on with it.
"Right, Holly if you'd stand on the line in the goal." he said.
This is weird, this is normally Joe's position it felt odd being stood where he should be.

Joe POV

We'd been stuck in a meeting listening to Gareth go on about changes and what we can expect going forward. He was our new caretaker manager until the FA found someone permeant. I was pleased to be heading out onto the field to do some actual training. we'd got changed into training gear and were walking out. I'd heard a couple of wolf whistles from the rest of the team as they walked out, wasn't too sure what was going on. Me, Fraser and Tom were last to leave as always, we trained separately from the rest of the team.
"Who is that?" Tom asked looking towards the goal we were approaching it. Looked like Nike was shooting something.
It wasn't till I got closer I realised who it was, all the wolf whistles had been for my girl. I felt slightly proud that I could actually say that, I didn't recognise her till I was closer. She'd changed her hair it was shorter, but it was a good change she looked unreal, but that could have been due to the fact she was wearing just an England shirt and boots. There was no way I was giving her up, she was worth fighting for. I wasn't going to mess this up, I'd been stupid for getting involved with Valentina, she was nothing compared to the beautiful woman stood in front on me.