1

Somewhere between I want it and I got it -Drake.

Lydia Amari Carter.

At the age of twenty three I found myself in love with the man of "My dreams".

"Aye baby I'm about to run to the store you need anything". Damien asked.

"Some candy would be nice babe". Lydia spoke not looking up from her phone.

"Alright I'll be back". Once he was out the door she got up and made her way to the her bedroom to take a nap. They had just gotten back from Paris and she was beyond tired. The more she sat up the more tired she got before her eyes eventually closed.
.
.
.
.
.
.
10:00am
Lydia was now awoken from her 'nap' which ended up with her going to sleep for the rest of the night. Stretching her arms letting out a yarn she found herself in a empty bed. This is how most of her nights were.

Since Damien worked late she was always alone.

She was basically on vacation all the time she owned a small boutique and planned to expand in the near future. The only time she worked was when her designers needed new ideas for her store.

Peeling herself from off the bed she made her way into the bathroom where she took her time brushing her teeth and washing her face and then hopping in the shower.

Everytime she was in there she thought about everything, here she was so in love with a man who she barely see's a man who wasn't that affectionate a mans who tries to keep her in the house so no one sees her and a man who rarely takes her out.

She was so fed up that she was to the point where she wanted to leave and never come back but something was keeping her there. Maybe because she thought he would change or just the simple fact that she didn't have no where to go. She had a sister who stayed all the way in Cali while she stayed in Fl.

And to be quite frank she loved her store so moving out of the state was a no go.

A fresh start is what she simply needed. She guess she could go in her savings and get her a condo or maybe even a house but that was something she would have to look into later she thought.

Pulling her back to realization she noticed she had been in the shower for over an hour and her fingers had gotten wrinkly.

Stepping out on to her plush white carpet she grabbed her towel and made her way into her room.

30mins later...
She was now in her car driving to who knows where. One of her close friends from Highschool that she hung with from time to time had texted her about this lil kickback one of her cousins was throwing, Damien would kill her if he knew she was there but fuck him it wasn't like he was going to find out where she was she thought.

Pulling up to the address Lori sent her had her raising her eyebrows the house was nice.

She parked her car by this nice looking Benz then hopped out. She had seen a few people going through this gate on the side of the house but she didn't want to walk back there by herself so she texted Lori to come meet her in the front. Lori appeared making her way through the gate with a cup in her hand which caused lydia to put a smirk on her face.

"Hey girl you finally made it". She smiled as lydia laughed at how loud her friend was.

"You know I come out every once in a while" .

The two then made there way towards the back making lydia eyes widened a bit seeing all these damn people.

"You want a drink boo" . Lori asked lydia as she nodded following her to a table with all types of liquor and red cups.

She didn't care what she got her as long as it wasn't no dark liquor she hated that with a passion.

She started to look around at everyone as her eyes landed on this fine piece of specimen.

Tall.
Brown.
And handsome.

Three words that described him so well. She was snatched out of her thoughts when she felt a light tap on her arm. She turned her head looking at this guy with a tattoo on his neck. He was cute but not as cute as to what  she was just staring at.

"Damn baby wassup". He said words slurring a bit.

She mugged him then chuckled a bit taking a sip from her cup. Lori was by her side talking to somebody.

"Not interested". She said turning around.

Her eyes then met with the good looking gentlemen again that only to see he was staring right back at her. Slightly biting her lip she turned her head pulling Lori to go dance.

Once they made it to where everyone was dancing at she began to get loose. She might have showed out a little bit and before she knew it a crowed was formed around her and somebody had gotten behind her.

This didn't faze her one bit till she looked up and seen a very angry Damien trying to make his way through the crowd. Before he tried to embarrass her she quickly stopped dancing and ran towards the side gate. With him hot on her trail.

"Lydia bring yo hoe ass here" he yelled angrily.

Her face showed nothing but confusion. Her a hoe ? Tuhh never that. She stopped once she had gotten to her car this nigga had her messed up she thought.

"You got me all types of fucked up me a hoe ? Damien you got-". Another word couldn't escape her mouth before his hand connected with her hair yanking on it like she was a child's barbie doll.

"Shut the hell up you stupid ass bitch you talk to much shit I'm at work tryna make money for us and I get a phone call from my fucking homeboy that you at some damn party shaking yo ass on some nigga I could kill you".

He then forcefully slammed her head into the window of her car causing her to yell out in pain. Her head was literally throbbing as he repeatedly slammed her head before he eventually cracked her window. He stopped once blood was dripping down her face.

"Go home lydia matter of fact I'll drive you car Omar can just drive my shit". She held in her cries as she made her way to the passenger side of her car. Her head was the only thing on her mind because it was hurting so bad. Once he had gotten in the car he pulled off slowly then drove them 'home'.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
'Silence'... not a word was said between the two both lost in their own thoughts. As Damien gripped the steering wheel mad at himself for putting his hands on lydia she on the other hand was thinking about going in the house and packing her shit leaving his ass for good. He knew he fucked up he just couldn't control his anger for that moment. No he didn't have anger issues but he loved her and seeing her dancing up on someone else who wasn't him made him upset. Pulling the two from there thoughts they had arrived 'home'.

Damien.
He watched her struggle to get out the car. She had broke down and started crying he mentally slapped himself. He made his way over to her side and picked her up bridal style. Closing her door with his foot he grabbed the keys and inserted them in the front door.

Locking the door behind him he carried her up upstairs into there room and sat her on the bed.

He didn't know shit about first aid but He knew she had a whole bunch of medical stuff in the bathroom. He grabbed alcohol wipes, bandages, tape, and some ibuprofen for her headache.

He wiped up the blood she didn't wince at all. He didn't see no glass in any over her cuts. Overall she didn't look to bad. Her face was red from crying and her bruise was dark purple with several tiny cuts. Once he patched it up she took two ibuprofens and laid down.

"I'm sorry lydia I had no right putting my hands on you I love you and If you want to leave me I understand I promise I won't ever hurt you again I really do love you lydia I really do".

She just looked at him then turned over on her side.

He put his head down and left the room. He had bigger problems then that right now. He thought.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Okay 👌🏽 so first chapter down so many more to go tell me what you guys think 🤔 what 'bigger' problems does he have to worry about? vote and comment luvs enjoy 😉.