Chapter 48

Elias slammed his foot on the accelerator, making the car push forward so fast it took Alana's breath away.

'Where are you taking us?' she cried, for the tenth time.

'You think I'm going to tell you that?'

As he looked at her his lips turned up into a half smile. Even now he had the look of some deranged but beautiful movie star. All the rage he had harboured towards her when Snow first left had melted and now he was back to smooth-talking madness.

He had bundled them into this car which she suspected wasn't his. It wasn't clear to her how he had found it and got the keys but there was no way he would own a racing green jaguar like this one: he had somehow stolen it.

She silently prayed that would make them more visible, perhaps make the police more likely to spot them. If the police were even looking for her. Inspector Taylor would need a lot of convincing before she lifted a finger and Noah ... Maybe he thinks I deserve everything I'm getting.

She prayed over and over that Snow would find help. And as for Riley ... she wasn't sure a prayer could help her now. Seeing him like he had been in the warehouse, that all-consuming anger, he seemed capable of anything then.

He slammed on the breaks suddenly and they screeched around a corner. They were on the outskirts of the city now, close to the industrial side where it was all lorries and dusty, wide roads. He spun the car around another corner and then he drove them right up to what looked like a huge garage. They came to a halt and he jumped out of the car then opened the door on Alana's side and dragged her out, holding her arm tightly.

'You're hurting me,' she said, pulling away from him.

'Oh, I'm sorry. I will try to be more gentle in future, shall I?'

His grip got tighter. He led them towards the door, pulling another set of keys out of his pocket with his spare hand.

'Am I your angel? Or your enemy, Elias?'

He considered her for a moment.

'Both,' he said. 'Definitely both.'

With that he flung open the garage door from the ground upwards. It creaked and groaned, revealing a huge space inside, full of shelves all around the sides filled with tools and equipment. There were a few guitars too, electric and acoustic and a drum kit which looked like it hadn't been used in a while.

'This was dad's too,' he said. 'All left to me when he passed away. I'd much rather have him than all this stuff though.'

Then, as if he had forgotten why they were there for a second, he snapped his gaze back towards Alana. Still holding on to her he grabbed a ball of rope from the worktop then dragged a wooden chair from the side of the space into the middle.

'You sit there.'

'I don't want to sit there,' she said. 'I want to go home. Please, Elias...'

He wasn't listening. He forced her to the chair and made her sit down in it.

'I don't want this, I don't want this ...'

'Oh come on,' he replied. 'Of course you want it. You want me.'

She let out a half scream, half laugh at that.

'You have got to be kidding me!'

He pulled her arms roughly from her sides to the back of the chair. Then he began to tie the rope around her wrists.

'You wanted me that night, so badly Alana,' he said, speaking in a low voice from behind her. 'It wasn't just my body, you wanted me. All of me.'

'I didn't!' she cried, the rough rope digging into her skin. 'I was drunk it was just a one time thing ... that's all ... nothing else.'

'It's never just a one time thing for a girl. Especially not a girl like you.'

She struggled against him but he had her right where he wanted, unable to move, both hands tied together then tied to the chair.

'It can be just a one time thing for a girl like me ... believe me.'

He moved up to whisper into her ear from behind.

'I don't believe you. And I never will. You're mine, Alana. All mine.'

If you liked this chapter then please don't forget to vote! Also, your feedback is very welcome too, I always try to answer.