11| silence

' she wasn't alone; she had finally found a place where all the monsters went. '

        FAYE WAS not alone

FAYE WAS not alone. Her eyelashes fluttered against her cheek as she opened her powder blue eyes, clasping her environment. Her uncomfortable mattress rested against her back. The window was open and darkness was peering in. And, there was someone in her room.

"Scott?" Faye questioned as she sat up and stared at the figure in the shadows. Scott stepped out of the shadows, his forehead in lines and a soft smile on his face. "What happened? How did I get back to my house?"

"You fainted," Scott concluded as he took a few steps towards her and held out his hand. Faye graciously accepted it and her hand slid into his own. She could feel the rough callouses engraving his palm and the lines that etched perfect patterns. He used his strength to pull her off the mattress, and he returned his hand to his pocket. "And I carried you home. Allison took Lydia home, and Derek is looking for the kanima."

"I fainted?" Disbelief crossed her heated face, and she pushed her hair back over the peak of her head. "I haven't fainted since-" The blonde pursed her lips shut as she remembered the last time. The fire.

Scott furrowed his eyebrows, his chocolate brown eyes analyzing her. "Since when?"

The truth swallowed the room, and Faye found herself staring at the burning school. Her eyelids slammed over her irises and she opened them to find herself back in reality. If she told him the truth, she could never forgive herself. She wanted to trust him, but something in the back of her head told her to never trust a monster.

Monster. The word resonated through her ears and pierced her fiery heart.

"Never mind." Silence encapsulated the room and the only sound to be heard was Faye's erratic heartbeat and her shaky breathing.

"I guess I owe you the truth," He stated, shifting his weight to his left foot. Scott cleared his throat and itched the nape of his neck.

"I guess you do." Faye crossed her arms protectively over her chest and looked Scott in the eyes. She wanted, no, needed to hear that she wasn't alone. That she wasn't the only beast in the town.

Scott sighed and walked over to the other side of her boxed room and leaned against the wall. "I'm a werewolf," he blurted out with a small chuckle.

Faye scoffed. "You've got to be kidding me." The words left her mouth before she could grasp them, and she realized he wasn't lying. His lips had tightened themselves into a straight rope and his head was tilted down, almost as if he was ashamed. "That's impossible," Faye breathed. "Werewolves don't exist."

"But giant lizards do?"

Faye laughed for the first time in a long time. Her chest heaved as the giggle slipped out of her mouth, and a sudden pain filled her lungs. The blonde's hand rested over her chest and the pain dissipated.