28: Letting Go

нere'ѕ a cнapтer ιn нonor oғ мy 1ĸ readѕ!!!

тнanĸ yoυ ѕoooo мυcн everyone ғor ғιndιng тιмe тo read тнιѕ ѕтory.

Sorry it took so long. ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ ♥♡

yυp...ѕo enjoy тнιѕ eхтra long cнapтer...jυѕт ғor yoυ мy loveѕ😘😘😘

__♡__

Lily's POV

Calum and I walk through the park hand in hand.

I'm happy we can do stuff together without having to be a couple.

"Thanks for this. It's...really fun." I say as a little boy runs past us screaming in joy.

"Yeah. It is. It's fun with you there...not some other random girl I meet at a cash register at Dairy Queen."

"I'm happy we met. I wouldn't want to be friends with or share this experience with anyone but you. You're one of my best guy friends. Don't take this the wrong way but...I love you."

Calum smiles and I can't help but smile back. His smile is contagious...I just can't help it.

"Well...don't take this the wrong way but...I love you too."

We keep walking through the obnoxious chaos of children and I can't help thinking about what it would be like to have a child of my own.

"Do you ever wonder what it would be like?"

"What 'what' would be like?"

"Being a parent."

He looks down.

"It's crossed my mind."

We walk through a small cluster of trees and I look over at Calum to see him staring at me.

"What? Why are you staring at me?"

"You're beautiful."

I shake my head and blush.

"Really?"

"Yes."

I look down at our linked hands.

"No...I'm just me...Lily Jennings. I'm not a perfect girl. I don't look stunning, pretty or remotely gorgeous...I'm just me."

Calum stops and I stop too.

He stares me straight in the eye and says,

"I don't care what you look like...as long as you're you...you're beautiful."

I feel my heart burst at this.

Tears threaten to spill over and I throw my arms around his neck.

"Thank you." I whisper softly in his ear.

"Anything for you...Princess Lily."

__♡__

Calum's POV

I know Lily and I can't be together right now but I wish I could show her much I really DO care about her.

I love her so much and I would do anything for her.

I would take a bullet straight through my brain to save her.

I would die for her...I know she doesn't feel the same though.

If she did...that would be great.

But in this moment...I feel alive. I feel like the luckiest man alive...I get to spend my day with Lily. Lily Jennings.