20: Broken

Calum's POV

I lie in bed and I cover my face with my hands as I start to cry.

I think of Lily.

I got them together again.

(Song on the Side Starts at this Point in the Chapter)

I pick up my phone and look at pictures of Lily.

I take shaky breaths as I scroll through them.

One of them is a picture of me and her play "wrestling" with her. That was when Luke and her were dating but I was still happy with her with me.

I scroll to the next one.

In this one she's hugging me and my face is buried in her hair.

I feel her kiss on my neck.

I touch the spot where it tingles but I don't find her lips.

I look at the next picture.

I took this one yesterday on our date.

She's kissing me.

I stare at it and I begin to sob.

(Chorus should be playing)

I cry into my pillow thinking about Lily.

She probably doesn't give two shits about me now that she's back with Luke.

"Why!?" I yell into my hands.

I love Lily more than the world itself. I would travel the universe and come back to be with her. I would protect her, care for her, not let anyone in the world hurt her. I would cuddle her in my arms and keep her safe. I would kiss her day and night if I could . Most of all I would love her.

"I'm never getting married. Never having a family. I'll never experience the joy of being a father. I'll never stop loving her, that's for sure.

I cry into my hands and bury my face in a pillow. I yell and scream into it so my loud crys are not heard.

I hear a knock at the door.

"Calum! Let us in!!! Let's talk!" Michael and Ashton yell.

"Leave me alone!" I yell.

Eventually they leave.

I look at my the picture on my phone.

I wipe my eyes as tears threaten to spill out.

I get up as I decide what to do.

I walk out my bedroom door and to the bathroom.

I grab the razor and make 5 long cuts on my arms. I know I may seem a bit dramatic.

The thing is that I'd rather die than not be with Lily.

Even if it's not true on her part it's true on mine.

I pull of my shirt once I'm back in my room. I smile in my head thinking about what Lily's reaction to my shirtless figure would be.

Then I pull on a long-sleeved shirt to hide my cuts.

I walk out my bedroom door to find the boys (all accept Luke) on the couch. THey start to move to get up but i race to the door.

They reach me fast and they grab my wrists to pull me back. I wince as Michael pulls on my cut arm. I'm glad to see they don't notice.

I try to shake them from me, yelling,

"Let me go!!! I need to go see Lily!!!"

"No man!!! I'm sorry...we can't let you go."

"Why not?!"

"Lily told us everything. You guys almost did it. We can't risk it again now that Luke's with her again. We can't afford for that whole thing to happen again."

I finally pull away from them.

"I wouldn't dare hurt her! Unlike Luke. He pushed her to the ground and told her he didn't give a shit about her."

Michael's expression changes from calm to angry.

"Well apparently he DOES give a shit about her considering what he went through. He loves her so god damn much. Dammit! Help him out a-"

"Help me! Dammit! Help me!"

Everyone is silent.

"I know I'm not allowed to talk to or go near her but there is no damn way I'm ever gonna get her out of my mind! I would treat her better than Luke ever could! I could love her better than Luke would! God, I'd do anything for her! I can't believe for ONE SECOND I thought my life was going great! ONE DAMN SECOND!!! I thought we would be happy together! Then I had to let her go! I'll never forget the time we almost did it...how I turned her away! I'll never forgive myself for that day."

"Mate!!! I'm sorry! I know you are upset but you can't just fucking think about getting her fucking pregnant! She's Luke's girlfriend! You can't just think about her that way!!!" Michael yells.

"Well...maybe I can't stop thinking about her." I say. Then I walk out the door before they can stop me.