25: A Little Help

Lily's POV

I rub my bare arms as I walk back to my room. I'm not really sure what to call where I live right now. An apartment? A hotel? I have NO idea.

I curse myself for not bringing a sweater. I had thought about but then I though I was going to be at Luke's side the whole night.

"Shhhhiiiittttt." I shiver.

Suddenly a car pulls up to the curb close to me. The driver window opens and I worry I'm going to be kidnapped.

"Need a ride?" A familiar voice asks.

"Calum!" I smile hugely.

"Hey Lil."

I nod.

"Actually yes. Would you mind?"

He shakes his head vigorously and I laugh.

"Yeah. Hop on in."

I run to the passenger side in my heels. It's hard I'll tell you. Phew! I thought I would die.

When I get in the warmth of the car calms me.

The silence filling the car is almost suffocating.

Calum looks at me.

"Lil...why were you crying?"

I really don't want to tell him but I do.

"Luke and I were on a date and he kind of...he..."

"WHAT THE HELL DID HE DO TO YOU LILY? I swear-"

"Calm down Calum...a girl just showed up and it was clear they had a thing. I can't believe I fell for him when I knew that he's just a boy who's looking for love. He didn't change and I thought he would."

I feel my years coming back but I hold them back.

"I thought he'd change." I choke.

I look to see Calum's hard face.

"I could treat you better than he could Lily. I would love you more than any boy has. I would do anything and everything in my power to make you happy."

"I know." I whisper, looking down.

"Well why don't you let me?"

I don't answer.

He just leaves it and the silence resumes.

When we get back to our rooms he gives me a friendly hug.

"Sorry about Luke." He whispers.

"I'm okay."

"I love you Lily."

He leans in and I pull back immediately.

"Let's take this slow Cal."

He nods knowingly.

"Slow is good."

He gives my hand a squeeze and waves as we both walk back into our rooms.

---------------------------------------

Hey Guys! Got another update for ya! Soooooo..... I know, I know...I haven't updated in a while. As I told you in my last update I've been kind of busy. Sorry. Anyway...ONLY 5 CHAPTERS LEFT UNTIL THE SEQUEL!!!! GAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

THe sequel will be called MIssing You and it will leave off wherever this book does. Yep. Pretty boring author's note but...not much news. Yah. K! I'll see ya in the next update! Bye!!!