24: A Date Gone Wrong

Luke's POV

As we pull up to the restaurant I look over at Lily.

Her hair is in glossy waves down her back, her blue dress sparkling in the dim lights outside the window. I love her and I won't let her go. Not this time. Not ever.

I hope she knows exactly how I feel about her. How I love when she smiles and looks me in the eye and then looks away blushing. How I love when I can kiss her and she wants to kiss me back. How I love to play with her hair when we cuddle together. How I love everything about her. I love her.

When I park I get out of the car and run to her side. I open her door and hold out my hand to help her out.

The sky is slightly overcast and I silently pray that it won't rain. That it won't rain. That it won't rain on her birthday.

Lily entwines her fingers in mine and we walk into the restaurant.

"Reservation for two." I tell the waiter and she leads us to a table in the back overlooking the ocean and the sinking sun in the horizon.

Lily's skin glows and her eyes sparkle as the sun hits her. Even this takes my breath away. I pull out a chair for her and she quietly says "thank you." as I lean down to kiss her on the cheek.

When I sit down a waitress comes to our table and gives us two menus.

Lily's face goes down and she looks at me concerned.

"Luke...I can't let you spend all this money on me. I'm not worth it."

I lean over the table and kiss her softly on the lips.

"Yes...you are worth it. You're worth everything to me."

She looks down and blushes.

I smile and say,

"Do you understand how much that makes me fall for you all over again?"

She blushes again.

I laugh.

When the waitress comes back we order and then she walks away.

I grab Lily's hand in mine and I put it to my lips.

"Do you have any idea how much I love you?" I breathe against her fingers.

She laughs.

"I think I would've found out about the 5,000,000 time you said it."

I close my eyes and she cups my face in her hands.

"I can't believe you chose me." She says.

I lean over and kiss her.

"I can't believe I found you. I'm the luckiest guy alive."

"I'm the luckiest girl alive."

I smile.

"I couldn't ask for anything more."

Suddenly a blonde girl comes up to our table.

Shit! It's Vanessa.

"Hey Lukeypookey! I'm back!"

I pretend to cough.

"You were gone?"

"Ugh! I knew you would pull a joke on me Lukey! You knew I was gone. I've missed you so much baby!"

She leans down and before I know it her lips are on my mine.

I look to Lily to see her eyes widen and her mouth drop.

I pull away quickly from Vanessa.

"Vanessa...we were nothing then were nothing now. Do me a favor and leave. Actually...I'll do YOU a favor."