Chapter Twelve

Lina's P

Lina's P.O.V.:

"Umeko!" I squealed when I saw her at my doorstep. "You finally got your day off huh?"

Umeko turned around and hugged me tightly as we jumped up and down in front of my house.

"Yea! I finally got to use my leave! You wouldn't believe how strict Lord Nobunaga is! But strangely Mitsuhide sama put in a good word for me and I got to use my leave for a week! Usually he doesn't let me use it in one shot..."

When Umeko mentioned Mitsuhide's name, my mind wandered to the incident when he confessed his feelings... I did mentioned that I myself am confused as Umeko, my only girl buddy, isn't here to have girl talk with me...

Was that why he helped Umeko to approve her leave???

"What are you girls doing out here?! And Umeko! You're here darling! Come in! Let grandma prepare your favourite dish!" my grandma came out to greet us and welcomed Umeko in.

Umeko bowed politely, accepting her hospitality as she carried her bag containing her belongings in.

We straight away went to my room and I updated her on everything, from A-Z regarding what's going on with my love life...

"Well.. Who do you like?" Umeko asked when I've finished my story.

I sighed as I plopped myself on my bed beside her.

"I don't know Umeko... I was hoping you could help me out on that..."

Umeko was quiet for awhile before speaking again...

"I kind of understand your predicament..."

My ears perked up at her statement.

"Really?"

"Yea... Lord Nobunaga proposed to me..."

"Oh my god that's amazing!"

"As his mistress..." Umeko sighed in disappointment as a frown fell on my face.

"I never knew he's that type... He never flirts with me before so I wouldn't have suspected..."

"His sister, Oichi sama, insisted he's head over heels for me just that he won't admit to his feelings... But from the way he talks to me... I don't know Lina..." Umeko sighed sadly as I laid down beside her.

"Ugh! Yours just won't admit to his feelings while I have guys admitting their feelings and I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to feel!"

"Did you just curse?" Umeko chuckled as I buried my face in my pillow.

"Well am I not allowed to in this confusing case?"

"I guess you are allowed to... Knock yourself out.."

Before I can continue our conversation, there was a falcon at my window and I frowned as I opened it. There was a letter attached to the falcon.

"What is it?" Umeko asked curiously as she came to stand beside me.

"The letter is from Kojuro... He is asking to meet him behind my grandma's restaurant..." I said slowly as I read the letter.

"What? At this time? Whatever for?" Umeko asked in bewilderment.

I shrugged as I myself thought it was strange too... Nevertheless I wrote back to Kojuro telling him to meet me behind my house instead...

No way in hell am I going to wander off alone again in case the magistrate or his henchmen catch me...

"Can I hide somewhere and spy on you and him?" Umeko asked teasingly as I blushed at her question.

"No Umeko! You can't!"

"Why do I get the feeling this is another confession?" Umeko spoke what was on my mind and I bit my lip.

"I have no idea but... if it is... God this is confusing..." I sighed.