Chapter Four

Above is a picture of Saizo

*~*

Lina's P.O.V.:

I blinked a few times at the ninja before me as my arms suddenly gripped his biceps.

"What..." I croaked out again but Saizo's eyes didn't falter.

"I said... I'm in love with you... Lina..."

I laughed nervously as I bit my lower lip.

"You forgot to call me little lady..."

"That's because I'm in love with you."

Then it dawned on me... As I stared at my reflection in his red eyes...

He's not lying...

"How long for..." I whispered as Saizo tucked a stray hair behind my right ear.

"Since 16 years ago..."

I blinked in amazement at him as sakura petals fell around us...

"But... we just met for the first time 16 years ago... How can it be..."

"I fell in love with you the first time I saw you... And when you offered me food under this cherry blossom tree even though you were supposed to deliver those dango to another customer and will get into trouble with your grandma for it, I knew then and there I was hopelessly head over heels in love with a kind person like you..."

I opened my mouth to take quick breaths as I was quickly suffocating under this tension...

"Do you know how bad I wanna hug you when Lord Shingen brings us to the restaurant? I have to hold myself back since you told me your grandma is strict about guys going after you... Do you know how I want to beat the shit out of Hideyoshi and Ieyasu for flirting with you... Do you know how I badly want to strangle Toshiie for knowing you before me and I can see it in his eyes when he grins or smiles at you... It's the same emotions as mine..."

I shook my head at his last sentence.

"Inuchiyo has confessed to me before 2 years back but I told him I felt nothing for him... I told him it's not gonna work out..."

"But I still wanna strangle him." Saizo answered me curtly as I frowned at his ruthlessness.

"How... How long... Did you feel this for..."

"Every. Single. Day. Every single day, when I step into your grandma's restaurant and see you, when I see those three idiots trying to get your attention... And now I have to also plan the demise of Yukimura... So that makes it four idiots.."

I pulled away from him, his hands accidentally slipping off my shoulders.

"What did you just say?" I asked hastily as Saizo sighed before crossing his arms.

"You heard me my dear Lina. Yukimura apparently is also crushing on you..."

"Pfft how do you even know that? I bet you're just jumping to conclusions..."

"He confessed to Lord Shingen when he was drunk few months back and Lord Shingen let the cat out of the bag in front of me today..."

Another realisation then dawned on me...

"Was that why for the whole day you and Yukimura sama refused to speak or look at each other???"

Saizo gave me a wry smile.

"You got that right little lady... Nevertheless I still have to go on this mission as I am still bound to serve the Sanada clan."

I then looked up at the sky and realised it was getting dark..

"Yea... You better get going... You're going to be late for your mission..."

I quickly took this opportunity to walk away from Saizo when his deep voice stopped me.

"But we'll talk about this again... Right?"

My body stiffened as I don't know what to answer him...

"Lina... I can't promise you that I will come back.. I might not be able to give my best for my mission as my mind is somewhere else..."

Damn Saizo... He knows how to get to me...

"Yea..." I blurted as I turned to give him an reassuring smile. "You come back safe to me and we can talk about this... again... okay?"

Saizo grinned at me as he whistled... A familiar owl belonging to Saizo's disciple, flew out of nowhere and perched on the tree above me.

"Momofuku? Sasuke lent him to you?"

"Yea... I had to bribe that brat by teaching him a new jutsu. Momofuku will see you home and if anything happens to you, he will look for me."

I smiled softly at the ninja.

"Sometimes... I honestly feel this job doesn't suit you... How can a person be a master of covert operations yet have so much concern for someone... Lord assassin kirigakure Saizo..."

Saizo smiled back at me as he whispered his answer but I heard it nonetheless...

"I already told you. I'm in love with you."