Taranvash's Deal

I wanna thank @chainfireball @juvia99470 @Quackleberry @Homullilly @MemezindaHOUSE (sorry if I missed anyone else) for sacrificing your brain cells to read the abomination my friend and I created. Y'all guys are the true MVPs

Iron clung onto the air like a snake embracing its prey, if we weren't meeting with the Guardian of the Waterway, whom we learned was called Taranvash, I'd already been outside enjoying the fresh air. We were now gathered by the pool of water at the end of the room, the Guardian stood before us on the small circular platform. His white fur was now stained with crimson red from our most recent fight.

"You have gotten yourself in quite a particular situation, Young Lord," Taranvash spoke once Chung explained our situation to it.

"Yeah, we really could've handled the situation better. There's nothing we can do about it now," he admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. "Erm...we'd really appreciate it if you told us everything you know about Water Jewel. It'd really make our job easier."

I shifted my on feet as Taranvash narrowed its eyes on us. Throughout Chung's explanation, Taranvash made no attempts to voice its opinion or feelings on our story. It's unsettling to be in the dark about the demon's thoughts on our story.

A warm breeze washed over my face as the large beast exhaled," it's not that I don't trust you, Young Prince." Taranvash turned its attention back on Chung. "The information I hold about the Waters Jewel is to be handled with great care. Not even the royal family is welcome to know the Jewel's origin."

"That's just great," Speka crossed her arms with a huff. "The only lead we have to the next Shard isn't willing to help us."

"Speka," Elsword frowned at her. "We should still be grateful the Guardian decided to help us. There's no need to be rude." Speka, in turn, rolled her eyes at him.

"Elsword is correct," Eve agreed. Beside her, Raven quietly examined Amos' minor wounds. Though Amos only sustained minor cuts Raven was adamant to make sure he was okay. "For now we should focus on fixing the Waterways." Taranvash cocked its head at her comment.

"Chung, you stated earlier that your mission here was to help return fresh water back into Hamel, correct?"

"Y-yes. We promised Dais—I mean the Queen that we'd help fix the demon problem here and return fresh water back to Hamel."

Taranvash let out a low rumble," in that case, let's make a deal. If you can successfully deal with the demon problem here I will tell you all that I know about the Water Jewel."

"Wow, that was easy," Elsword muttered to himself.

"However," I clasped my hands over my ears as the Guardian's roar shook the room. "Not a single soul outside this group is to learn the information, understand?" The demon visibly relaxed once each of us exchanged our vow. "Now, let us address the problem at hand."

Taranvash exhaled once more as it settled itself down on its bloodied stomach.

"Are you okay?" Chung asked once the Guardian made itself comfortable.

"I would be better if those damned outsiders didn't destroy my mirrors." He rested his head upon his forelegs.

"At least you still had enough energy to help us out," I reminded him gently.

The Guardian snorted," in my current state I cannot help you confront the main cause of our problem. I may have had enough energy to take on some tiny foes, but I cannot go against him again."

"Him? So you're saying all of this"—Elsword gestured to the bloodied floors behind us—"was caused by a single dude?"

"Precisely, whoever sent him here knew what they were doing."